Discuss How not to use a holesaw! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I was on a job where a catalogue of errors left a spark without a finger, due to a holesaw. I believe that if he hadn't been wearing gloves, then he would still have his finger, all be it with a scar. He was drilling holes in a steel JB, on a pillardrill, where there was no dead mans switch, and the stop button was on the opposite side of the drill from the handle. And he didn't have the workpiece clamped down, while standing on a rickety pallet. That accident cost him a lot of money, and caused him no end of pain.

to top it off....!!

DS Catalogue of errors!!

Working at 1830 to finish a job off
Lone working
Working in a Unoccupied student house
Steps not fully extended due to small area
using power tools with one hand
no PPE
no first aid kit

----------------------------------------------------

managed to scare the living daylight out of 2 blokes in the street when i appeared covered in blood asking for a cloth or rags...!

the fist pic is after i had seen triage nurse at A&E and had a partial clean up..
2 & 3 = getting my 5 stitches...(i managed to cut down to the tendons but luckily missed them)
4 = hurty hand!

to top it off....!!

DS Catalogue of errors!!

Working at 1830 to finish a job off
Lone working
Working in a Unoccupied student house
Steps not fully extended due to small area
using power tools with one hand
no PPE
no first aid kit

----------------------------------------------------

managed to scare the living daylight out of 2 blokes in the street when i appeared covered in blood asking for a cloth or rags...!

the fist pic is after i had seen triage nurse at A&E and had a partial clean up..
2 & 3 = getting my 5 stitches...(i managed to cut down to the tendons but luckily missed them)
4 = hurty hand!

the day job risk assessment would have said no...

a guy in work last week managed to drill through his finger causing nerve damage resulting in an operation. He was told to come back to work on the friday so RIDDOR didn't need to be evoked. Apparently if RIDDOR involved then sackings would happen in both the electrical firm and the building management firm. As it stands they wanted to sack the injured guy for being clumsy.

Think about it.

steve mate you need to clean the safety specs your supposed to drill the ceiling

mate i have a good pair of hands if you need extra help for the good one you have left

sorry mate couldnt resist get a comfy pillow and rest it mate and feed it grapes lol

Last edited:

Reply to How not to use a holesaw! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net