Search the forum,

Discuss Is a socket in a cabinet outside the zones in a bathroom? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Never seen one, @Baddegg , except the picture on this forum somewhere when the boiler was mounted to the wall directly above the bath!
Possibly in the section titled “WTF!”
See em all the time down here @littlespark, the houses are mostly old Victorian and weren’t built with indoor bathrooms so are small additions, quite common to have the boiler in the bathrooms albeit in a cupboard with a door on and fed through a fused spur....

I tell a lie. Seen them in some static caravans, behind a cabinet door, other side of the room to the shower. But still got to clamber over a toilet pan to reach it

I don't know the current (pun alert) zone restrictions in the UK, but in France they are zone 1 immediately above the bath/shower and 2.25m above the bottom of either, zone 2 is 600mm beyond the edge of those anything beyond that is not classed as a zone, sockets, switches and appliances can be in that area, there are some other extensions to the zones for projecting shower heads where the volumes of both zones are extended, but then all circuits in France are protected by RCD's in my own place the bathroom/shower rooms are all protected by individual RCBO's to each appliance, radial and lighting, thought it may be of interest and promote some discussion on the safety of RCD/RCBO's within a potentially wet area.

Reply to Is a socket in a cabinet outside the zones in a bathroom? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back