Currently reading:
June 2011 2391 exam

Discuss June 2011 2391 exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Richard

Did any of you sit it? I didn't think it was TOO bad, couple of questions I was a little unsure of but overall ok. How did you guys find it? I can never think of the bloddy questions afterwards!

the type of test is pereodic inspection and test not pereodic test, its all about terminolagy also i think it makes no difference how easy the paper is as i was told that a national average is taken and then they slot everyone in arround the average, so if everyone found it easy they have no more chances of passing as if everyone found it hard. seems strange to me but its all to do with employer feedback, they want people with a certain mentality.

Yes the way the do the pass arrangement is not as we normally have it north of the rio tweed.

It would be much easier to say get 70% of the marks and you pass or whatever score they deem should be the case.

surely somebody can remember some questions ?

72-van

Can any one remember any of the other questions ?

discribe what you would check for on the pvc conduit and trunking

discribe 4 items to check for on the armoured installation useing the sense of touch

discribe the insulation resistance value effects on between live conductors on a switched sput containing neon lamp switched in the off position

explain why the dno cant give values on a tt system

what earthing arrangment applies to external earth fault values of 0.35,0.8,21 ohms

cant think of anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Polarity all switches fuses and single pole devices connected in the line conductor only- ensure centre contact of Edison screw lampolders connected in the line conductor only exception e14 and e27 - ensure all sockets and accessories are connected correctly

Polarity all switches fuses and single pole devices connected in the line conductor only- ensure centre contact of Edison screw lampolders connected in the line conductor only exception e14 and e27 - ensure all sockets and accessories are connected correctly[/QUOTE

Did you answr the question on the containment system? Was this referring to the check list in GN3 on trunking and conduit.

discribe what you would check for on the pvc conduit and trunking

discribe 4 items to check for on the armoured installation useing the sense of touch

discribe the insulation resistance value effects on between live conductors on a switched sput containing neon lamp switched in the off position

explain why the dno cant give values on a tt system

what earthing arrangment applies to external earth fault values of 0.35,0.8,21 ohms

cant think of anymore

What inspection is to be carried out on a severely over loaded installation
What areas would you be most concerned with during the inspection.

I answered check properly fixed using sence of touch ( give it a shake ) ensure all lids are in place visual inspection correct position and number of boxes for easy draw of cables visual inspection not sure if that was the Answers they where looking for but thats what they got lol

As many are talking about the volt drop question the correct answers were: 3% for lighting from a public distribution system (so 6.9V of 230V), 8% for the 3 phase motor supplied from a (private) factory generator (so 32V of 400V, I think it was 400V), 5% for the immersion heater in a domestic home (supplied from a public distribution system so 11.5V of 230V). I think I remember these in order. Percentages for volt drop can be found in appendix 12 of BS76 71 Table 12A

What made you think it was supplied by a private generator?

i put check ends are bushed and reamed , radii of bends for conduit. protected against mech. damage. securely fixed.

IR i answered 'no effect'

earthings arrangement i said tn-c-s , tn-s and tt

what do you think is that right ?

in regard to the question 'what two test currents on a 100mA RCD' i answered 1x and 5x ... well just looked at my tester (fluke 1653) and set to 100mA . doesnt give an option to test at 5x so that answers that one . thing is though, when i select 1000mA RCD , i can test that at 1/2x or 1x !!!

Reply to June 2011 2391 exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back