Currently reading:
Moving the consumer unit in a house

Discuss Moving the consumer unit in a house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, after some guidance please..

I want to move my consumer unit in my rental property, from a downstairs bedroom to the hallway (which is on the other side of the wall), can I just move the CU and leave the main incoming feed where it is in a cupboard? The distance between would be approx 2m as I want to move the CU higher up the wall also. If any cables need lengthening I plan to have them properly soldered and put in a mains compliant JB/housing. Can I just move the CU or do I have to move the incoming supply to the same place also, which I would imagine would make this an expensive job however I want to do it properly so if needs must I will do it. I will have it tested and will put a a new metal housed CU in too. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks all!

Si

Reply to Moving the consumer unit in a house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back