Search the forum,

Discuss New Single Module AFDD from Wylex is Launched in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Got a reply from my wholesaler....... best price was £125 plus VAT listed price was around £195 before discount
Few people have that sort of money to spare. Certainly out of my price range, even if I was installing them in my own house.

Let’s just say after some haggling that’s £150 a pop , so on a 10 circuit board change materials around 1700 quid + labour + certs = 2500 quid ish

That’s a lot of money for a basic board swap

Let’s just say after some haggling that’s £150 a pop , so on a 10 circuit board change materials around 1700 quid + labour + certs = 2500 quid ish

That’s a lot of money for a basic board swap
I do board changes now with rcbo's and do not charge more then £400-£500 i could not see any of my clients spending £1500 plus.....its hard enough getting them to have a surge protection

I do board changes now with rcbo's and do not charge more then £400-£500 i could not see any of my clients spending £1500 plus.....its hard enough getting them to have a surge protection

That’s my point , getting a home owner to part with 2 grand for a basic board swap will be pretty tricky especially when arc Fault devices are still pretty much unproven in the u.k

Most customers give me a funny look when I tell them it’s £200 for surge protection

Just saw this

I know loads of people say they do not work etc etc but it is good to see a single module.
I think i am going to get one and try it out
Are these the guys who went on Dragons Den and didn't get investment? But then got investment elsewhere and are now massive?

Surely then have missed a trick here by not disconnecting the neutral on operation, this is a requirement in Europe, or am I missing something?

Reply to New Single Module AFDD from Wylex is Launched in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back