Currently reading:
Outside Light

Discuss Outside Light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hightower

My mate has asked me to install an outside floodlight. I've been today to have a look and the install is up-to-scratch (RCDs, good Zs's etc) but there's a couple of options to do the work.

Option 1 is to tap in to the kitchen light circuit - the kitchen is in a single storey extension with a slant roof, it'll be tight up there to work in, plus I'm not exactly sure how to bring the cable out (do I just try and find a path between the roof tiles and top of the brick work?

Option 2 is to tap off the upstairs ring final. There's a socket at the top of the stairs, I could chase an FCU in to the wall next to it and then drill straight out the back of the FCU to take it outside.

After looking at it, I'd say it's six and two three's for ease of install - crawling about in a small attic space vs chasing walls. So I'm leaning towards option 1 because I think it will be a more professional install, but just wanted to gather other opinions on the matter before I give my mate a plan of attack.

Reply to Outside Light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back