Search the forum,

Discuss Perilex wall plug and multi switch configuration issues in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If the supply network were the problem, all the voltages would change in proportion and in sync, and your lights and appliances would be showing symptoms. I still think the problem is bad connections so I would be disconnecting the power and testing continuity / resistance of all the conductors.

One work-around you might be able to use for the time being, that would get you two speeds, is as follows:

Disconnect and securely insulate the problem L3 wire at the Perilex outlet. Then at the switch, connect one of the blacks to the working permanent brown live feed. Find that black wire at the Perilex and use it as the new L3 permanent feed. Use the other black for whichever of L1 or L2 gives the more useful speed.

Last night I have turn all the fuses down except this one .. and try to understand if something else is causing this issue. No, nothing has changed.

This morning, I have checked the voltage on brown and get 200V instead of 230s in the mid night..

I really dont know how to test all the conductors and resistance as I have no access the inside of the fuse box as well as the perilex outlet and the switch is 20m apart...

I was thinking about using two speed, let say low/ high while discarding the brown cable once for all .. and using the black ones only ... but I just got stuck with that and even can not work, cant get this out of my head ...

May be I should ask for professional help ..
A couple of weeks ago, I had a strange earth leakage circuit breaker issue as well for the first group.. without any reason, the it gone down for a week even we were not at home ... then It came back to normal .. As this is on another group and all the devices working fine, I dont see any relation with that though..

So confused and stuck ...

I am not sure on the rules in NL about accessing inside the distribution board and equipment. In the UK the fuse box is always 100% customer property and never sealed, because it never contains any metering connections. If there is any supplier's equipment inside your board then it might be an offence to break the seal. This could be the point at which you need to get a local electrician involved and there is not much else I can suggest from here.

But please stay in contact and let us know the outcome.

I am not sure on the rules in NL about accessing inside the distribution board and equipment. In the UK the fuse box is always 100% customer property and never sealed, because it never contains any metering connections. If there is any supplier's equipment inside your board then it might be an offence to break the seal. This could be the point at which you need to get a local electrician involved and there is not much else I can suggest from here.

Thanks Lucien,

I will definitely keep this thread updated.
Let me arrange this two speed setup as finding s decent electrician and scheduling might be an issue in here (never done that before.. ) .. and costly for sure...
Anyway ... I need a network cable in my attic as well.. and running those cable into the walls needs some handson experience as well.. so may be I can delegate all these stuff at once.
Let see how it goes. thanks again.

Hello again..

A quick update... 2 speed setup is not working either... I have changed the position of brown with one of the blacks on both switch and the plug but no movement at all. the reason is that (which is quite logical) I dont have constant 230 on either of the blacks...

Then I decided to open the main electrical box .. and I can open the cover which is not sealed and shows almost everything....
The fuse has only one brown and one neutral (as expected, right ? ) .. and nothing more.. and there is no black wire in the box at all.. .. I am not expert on this but how these blacks gets any kind of feed... I think they are not connected to grid at all and getting something from somewhere ???

I have changed the position of brown with one of the blacks on both switch and the plug

The idea was to join one black to the brown at the switch, to make it into a permanent live feed for L3. Because we think the brown at the switch is always live, yes? And disconnect the brown completely at the socket because we don't know what it is doing, and insulate it in case it becomes live.

Reply to Perilex wall plug and multi switch configuration issues in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net