Currently reading:
Pet Hates

Discuss Pet Hates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tbs1983

1.Twisted Earths,
2. dodgy threads on metal back boxes,
3. that horrible cellophane and foil inside some brands of FP200,
4. cheap soft brass terminal screws on switches/sockets etc.
5. snapping small terminal screwdrivers cos I'm too lazy to get the bigger one out of my toolbox!

1) Light fittings and fans etc with terminals that are too small to fit a doubled over conductor in
2) The plumber today who ran his pipe through one wall at 470mm and only realised his mistake when he carried on piping into the next room right accross the face of our socket.
3) LSF cable thats a nightmare to strip

People walking out in front of the motor whilst texting then getting upset because the noise of my horn put them of texting as saving their lives come second to the PRECIOUS ie the phone. How sad

plumber who turn up on a Saturday for a Friday job and rubbish's your work to the client and then claims that the basement car park has a massive puddle because of a weep on a stopcock, that he claims to fix and is still leaking, leaving me tapping up a report to g-d know when to cover my assETS ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

* Cheap crap SWA that the cores are almost welded the the outer insulation

* "Can't you just take the power form the closest light switch" (13Amp socket) Clever clients

* Fitting certain pelmit lights under kitchen cupboards

* plumbers who suggest electrical towel rails because the forgot to run pipes for

* SOME Easton Europeans who have very very little electrical knowledge who will never say i cant do that or i should not be touching that, basically extending a fp200 2.5 with 1.0 flex because its the same colour! ( oh and charing £2 to do it)

Rant over

Getting to the petrol station - you have a certain routine.

Fill up - Pick Paper - Get Sarnie - Get Crisps - Get choccy bar - get scratch card.

Now, when you get there and your favourite choccy bar isn't in stock, and you have to settle for the still nice but still #2 bar.

That's definitley a pet hate.

Getting to the petrol station - you have a certain routine.

Fill up - Pick Paper - Get Sarnie - Get Crisps - Get choccy bar - get scratch card.

Now, when you get there and your favourite choccy bar isn't in stock, and you have to settle for the still nice but still #2 bar.

That's definitley a pet hate.

queuing at the pump whilst her from the car in front, blocking the pump, is doing her shopping in the filling station over priced mini-mart.

1. earths twisted in sleeving also
2. small PL downlights balanced on the remains on an old broken large PL downlight (today's fun)
3. Cheap and nasty SWA Glands
4. cheap sockets
5. Can you knock the VAT off?
6. I've just decorated...
7. CFL bulbs (all too many times find CU's in cupboards and the only light is some worn out CFL that takes 20 seconds to come on and forever to get brighter than a damp match....)

Twisted earths in same bit of sleeving (bet that,s been said a lot already)
Plasterer's who fill up boxes.
Consumer units in kitchen cupboards, usually the one with every handheld appliance known to man obstructing them!
Flat plate chrome, and rope edge brass because it look's awful.

There are lots more but cant think right now

Reply to Pet Hates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back