Search the forum,

Discuss Photgraphy section in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks Marvo you got a thank off me as well, I hope we can get it up and running soon.

best way i've found to upload images is to get it in photoshop, then save as jpg and when you get the option save as low res . to destop, then upload.

Our Lass has just come back with a new camera bag for me. I would take a photo of it but my camera is now dismantled along with the lenses inside the bag!!

I use PhotoBucket. The advertising is a pain but you can’t complain when it’s free. It doesn’t matter if the picture is a bit on the large side, the forum will show it as best fit.

As Marvo has said, you’re not cluttering up the server. An added advantage is you can remove your work when you can’t log on to the forum.

That's the beauty of digital cameras.

Thankfully, long gone are the days of taking your roll of film down the chemist and praying you'd get some decent pictures back! :)
Looks a popular idea this,so might get some help off me old man...he was a professional press photographer all his working life,last 40 odd years of his career,with Manchester Evening News. He went all over the world,and,as a kid,i followed him on some jobs. He started when it was own developing,hand-copy and hot lead,went through the digital,wireless transition. He is 78 now,but still has most of his old kit,Nikon,Minolta,Haselblad,Rollei etc,but only uses a small digital job now. So,the photography section may provide a good place to post the 20,000 pictures that he took of me growing up,in 1 minute intervals!... :stooge_curly:

So are you up for the idea Tony I have heard you're pretty nifty with a camera!!

I spent ten years as a publisher and professional photographer. I can’t remember the last time I took a camera out. Once digital took the skill out of it I lost all interest.

You’re not seeing my older stuff otherwise I’ll be on a permanent holiday from here.

It will be interesting to see some of the lads work though.

Looks a popular idea this,so might get some help off me old man...he was a professional press photographer all his working life,last 40 odd years of his career,with Manchester Evening News. He went all over the world,and,as a kid,i followed him on some jobs. He started when it was own developing,hand-copy and hot lead,went through the digital,wireless transition. He is 78 now,but still has most of his old kit,Nikon,Minolta,Haselblad,Rollei etc,but only uses a small digital job now. So,the photography section may provide a good place to post the 20,000 pictures that he took of me growing up,in 1 minute intervals!... :stooge_curly:

Sounds interesting Peg, I got quite friendly with a Guy on a photography forum a couple of years ago and he had been a photographer in the American Military he had been involved in photographing Vietnam and many more subjects. the guy has lead an amazing life and the kind of man you could listen too for hours

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hehe

Attachments

• 1922364_622122774523223_285380305_n.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 10441173_10152554316489274_5800268176066417979_n.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 50
I spent ten years as a publisher and professional photographer. I can’t remember the last time I took a camera out. Once digital took the skill out of it I lost all interest.

You’re not seeing my older stuff otherwise I’ll be on a permanent holiday from here.

It will be interesting to see some of the lads work though.

Would you not say though Tony that the Digital aspect opened up a new age of capabilities that film couldn't achieve. I know it can be seen a lazy but dslr's do have there place now and can produce some stunning images.
And like the Electrical Trainee they are here to stay lol

Glennspark

Reply to Photgraphy section in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock