Currently reading:
RCD keeps tripping!!!

Discuss RCD keeps tripping!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lee_Dicks

hi guys and girls,
I'm new to the forum,
recently left the army and did a short electrical course. (doesn't make me an expert by no means)

my problem is this:

my sister has just bought a house and as a favour I said I would sort her electrics. The house is old (bout 1930s) had old style MCBs I replaced the fuseboard to a split load board (2 RCDs) and wired it upup. Chuffed with myself I tested all the circuits, (end to end, continuity etc...) working fine turned on the power and tested the downstairs sockets. the rcd trips every time a load is put the circuit. upstairs works fine (waiting for lights so not got to them yet) kitchen not done yet. just upstairs sockets and frontroom are done except for this.

any help please guys and girls

ive managed to find the problem. one of the back boxes (not mine) was causing an earth fault. there s a bit of old cable cut out and terminated behind the back box. removed it and now my ir is spot on. internet is really slow takes ages for the page to refresh.

Reply to RCD keeps tripping!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock