Search the forum,

Discuss rcd requirement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever is doing the work should not be doing it if they do not know whether they should have the rcs protection or not. Whether it's you or your friend. It's as simple as that.

Reactions: DPG
This whole post seems a bit "fishy" but seeing as neither the installer, or the so called electrician seem to have the vaguest idea what they are on about, it's probably time to employ the services of someone who does, for safety's sake.

No he had sent me the pictures and chatting with him on whtsapp
[automerge]1571838901[/automerge]
It might be but I will have to check, if 2.5 then, he will have to reduce the rcbo to 32amps, correct

Incorrect, the largest the RCBO could be for 2.5 would be 20A,

Something not quite right here...........the sparky doesnt know what he is talking about and he is going to sign off someone elses work........BOOOOOM

Hello Guys thsi bill , friends of manjit , who helped me out by joining this , i was told to join too as there some questions , he could naswer and here i am. the solar sysetem is 1.75 kw.

Hi Bill,

Are you the electrician?

Busted.
Words. Words.

This is all very confusing, as from posts #1 and #4 it appears there are four parties involved here, namely:
  • Manjit
  • Manjit's friend (who has built the extension)
  • The friend's "ex-electrician", who has "been out of the game for a few years"
  • The friend's "qualified electrician" who uses RCDs with RCBOs
So, Bill, are you No.3 or No.4?

Reactions: DPG
I'm imagining the OP sat at their PC swapping hats before they type a reply as a different persona. :D

Maybe even full costume change each time.

Thread closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rcd requirement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back