Currently reading:
Rcd

Discuss Rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dave1064

I have a strange fault. I have a split board. 2 rcd's. One keeps tripping but other is fine. I swapped them both and the same happened with the RCD I put in the place of the first one. Rcd's seem to be fine but when installed in that position they trip but are fine when in the other side... I hope that makes sense.

The rcd's are made by sector. They have codes at the bottom where these two rcd's differ. But house next door they are the same... The codes don't seem to be of any importance but if anyone has knowledge on sector rcd's then I'd be happy to hear if these codes have to match.

I have a couple from this year in a box of failed parts I keep for interest - one has the N contacts that most times don't quite close, and one that is almost jammed and will only trip maybe 1 out of 10 times when tested. I'd say a faulty RCD is more likely to not trip when it should, than trip when it shouldn't. Again, far more faulty circuits than faulty RCDs.

nah...
more than likely it wont hold...

Reply to Rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back