Currently reading:
scotland again

Discuss scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm due to vote tomorrow and I still am not 100% sure what way to go. I'll probably vote no. I dont like alex salmond or the majority of the people on the yes team and I dont think that they have been clear enough or answered all the questions asked. On the other side I feel that Scotland is more than capable of being independant and offer a lot to the UK economy and should have more of a say on our own affairs. Some of the underhand tactic from the yes campaign have been shocking, and they seem to want to make out that if you vote no then you are not Scottish. But again tonight I got an email from my employer which was supposed to detail the impact a yes vote would have on the company but actually ended up tearing into the yes campaign and was not about the company. There have been so many conflicting arguments on both sides which make the decision very difficult. As i said earlier I am leaning to the no side and will prob vote for this but some of the comments coming from down south are very narrow minded, to say basically the Scottish can f**k off and crash and burn is not helpful and that the rest of the UK should be worried if there is a yes vote as Scotland play a larger part and contribute far more to the union than we are given credit for.

They haven't been clear on answering ANY of the really important questions or even remotely upfront about many other important questions. The fact is they ''Can't'' answer them because they don't know the answers themselves!! The SNP brought out a dossier type paper several years ago on how they intend to create and run an independant Scotland. That paper i believe has been refined several times. It consists of around 560 odd pages, but remarkably just ONE page set's anything out as far as financial matters go. lol!! So yep, they know what they're doing alright!!! lol!! So after all these years of planning, the vote is tomorrow and they still have absolutely no idea what currency the country will be using should they win!!! Who in their right mind would vote for Alex Salmond and his Yes campaign??? lol!!

On the opposite side of the planet we don't get much info on this so I might have got the wrong end of the stick but from what I see whichever way the Scots vote they've won. Surely with all the new agreements that have been signed and stamped there's no way they can lose, whichever way the vote goes they've got more independence and autonomy than ever before and likewise whichever way the vote goes England or whatever it is that remains of the union will lose.

There is Tory back benches that have already came out and vowed to block any such move to give us more powers.

You're are worried about some Tory backbenchers that you can count on one hand??

Be worried, no be very worried what will happen if the Yes vote wins!! You'll then have to face just how ill prepared and just how wrong the SNP are, with no way back. But Alex Salmond will still have a grin from ear to ear, as he'll be going down in history as the man that gave Scotlands it's independance, so he doesn't give a ****e about at what cost....

In the next few years....we will have more immigrants to worry about...!!

1410036005467_wps_2_border_control_jpg.jpg

You're are worried about some Tory backbenchers that you can count on one hand??

Be worried, no be very worried what will happen if the Yes vote wins!! You'll then have to face just how ill prepared and just how wrong the SNP are, with no way back. But Alex Salmond will still have a grin from ear to ear, as he'll be going down in history as the man that gave Scotlands it's independance, so he doesn't give a ****e about at what cost....

These powers are not a given. They have to go through parliament.

Up until a month ago I was a no voter. A friend then passes me information, that is not widely published by a bias media. I get the feeling it's edging towards a yes vote.

So if you could vote what would you vote ?

And what do you think the outcome will be ?

I am inclined to vote yes by about 5% but I think it will be a no result

I would vote NO, I think we are all better together, the problem is Scotland is not a right wing nation and the Tories have no place up there, they think like me, If we could only get rid of the Tories and guarantee Scotland would be treated properly and equally we could all thrive together, I think it is too close to call, I wish the best for Scotland and hope they make the right choice.

Well, we voted Yes.

I've read all the posts and it's amazing how much dis-information and inaccuracy there is. There are risks on both sides - yes and no. I'd rather be optimistic and positive. It's funny how Westminster have only recently made all these 'promises' and I doubt any/many will come to fruition?! I've had a gut-full of Westminster rule and how the country has gone down the pan over the last 30/40 years. I'd rather take my chances in a new independent Scotland.

The vote will be close, but I doubt that it will happen...

Well, we voted Yes.

I've read all the posts and it's amazing how much dis-information and inaccuracy there is. There are risks on both sides - yes and no. I'd rather be optimistic and positive. It's funny how Westminster have only recently made all these 'promises' and I doubt any/many will come to fruition?! I've had a gut-full of Westminster rule and how the country has gone down the pan over the last 30/40 years. I'd rather take my chances in a new independent Scotland.

The vote will be close, but I doubt that it will happen...
I totally understand mate, I feel you need equal treatment with the rest of the UK as well which In my opinion does not happen when the Tories are in town, a damn shame you voted yes but I respect your decision, Nobody likes a Tory, well except 5 members here who know who they are lol.

I think this campaign gas brought a lot of issues to the surface from both sides.

i for one think the Barnett formula should be scrapped, as should be the way the "south" of England gets less per head for the nhs, when at the same time the majority of the population growth is in the south, so the funds get spread thinner and thinner.

These powers are not a given. They have to go through parliament.

Up until a month ago I was a no voter. A friend then passes me information, that is not widely published by a bias media. I get the feeling it's edging towards a yes vote.

If the information you have received had any merit, then why hasn't that information been used by the Yes vote brigade in earnest?? My guess is, because it's more wishful thinking...

I think you'll find that most of the dis-information is being sold by the Yes vote brigade, the Scottish public are being sold on wishful thinking, rather than cold hard facts and not the can of worms that will in the not too distant future, bite there arse!!

If the information you have received had any merit, then why hasn't that information been used by the Yes vote brigade in earnest?? My guess is, because it's more wishful thinking...

I think you'll find that most of the dis-information is being sold by the Yes vote brigade, the Scottish public are being sold on wishful thinking, rather than cold hard facts and not the can of worms that will in the not too distant future, bite there arse!!

That's your view and you are entitled to it

Have you read the financial times piece on an independent Scotland ?

There is only 1 newspaper in Scotland backing an independence vote that is the Sunday herald

That's your view and you are entitled to it

Have you read the financial times piece on an independent Scotland ?

There is only 1 newspaper in Scotland backing an independence vote that is the Sunday herald

No i haven't, but if they are painting a rosy financial future for an independant Scotland, they are misguided and or have alternative motives. Many of the contributors to the FT are the same guys that had their hands deep in the same banks and hedge fund organisations etc, that was the major cause of the global recession. The same people that are now the only ones making a killing from the overall fallout.

It seems everything is revolving around a diminishing resource, which when exhausted will leave the country's major export being Whiskey, presently the second largest export resource. Now ask the Whiskey producers if they want a yes vote to succeed....

I'm afraid that ''Management By Crisis'' (which will be the case) has no place in developing a new Economy over prudent financial planning. Remember that dossier, 560+ pages and only ONE relating to financial matters. If that doesn't tell the voters something i feel sorry for them, as nothing will!! Your being swept along on a nationalistic flurry by those that haven't got a scooby doo, that are thinking more about their own interests rather than the country's interest!!

Reply to scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock