Discuss scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

your right mate the no camp is just as bad both sides couldn't explain their way out of a wet paper bag, and then you add the 3 biggest divvys in the country (Cameron, Clegg and Milliband) into the mix and it just gets better, school kids could do it better
Brilliantly put, there's no hope for us.
Vote UKIP.

I have to say mick I really don't think UKIP's any better I don't trust any of them they are in it for themselves and themselves only

working class revolution for the win

The no camp has been doing exactly the same though.
Supermarket prices will go up...no one has yet explained why this would automatically happen.
Today some ex service chiefs have said an independent Scotland would make the rest of the UK more prone to terrorist attacks...Once again, they didn't explain how.

Perhaps the newly founded Republic of Scotland will be Haggis Bombing what's left of the UK or GB or whatever it'll be called in retribution for 300 years of occupation.

Trev not ALL the outlets will be moved to the Shetlands, but if there are branches of Tesco or Asda in the Shetlands (and other remote areas) that will drag up the average cost in Scotland. It's like how if you want to send something to a Scottish Island it costs more. It's not a 'racist' thing - it often costs more to send stuff to the Isle of Wight as well.

I would imagine the cost of a stamp would increase in an independent Scotland as well, although nobody has mentioned this as yet (apart from me, just then).

Yeah but it costs Tesco x amount now to ship a can of beans to Kirkwall in the Orkneys. The cost of shipping that can of beans isn't going to go up just because Scotland votes one way is it?

Yeah but it costs Tesco x amount now to ship a can of beans to Kirkwall in the Orkneys. The cost of shipping that can of beans isn't going to go up just because Scotland votes one way is it?
The average cost to Tesco to ship a can of beans will be higher in Scotland than it would be in the rest of the UK. Being a separate country, Tesco will be able to charge more in Scottish stores.

Theoretically this should mean prices in the streamlined UK should fall, but I can't see that happening.

My understanding of UK politics is somewhere between sketchy and non-existant but the way I understood it was that these new offers in Scotlands favour were already approved and signed and couldn't be reneged upon.

I think they are "pledges" not promises, and I heard on the radio that rUK parliament would need to approve them!

The average cost to Tesco to ship a can of beans will be higher in Scotland than it would be in the rest of the UK. Being a separate country, Tesco will be able to charge more in Scottish stores.

Theoretically this should mean prices in the streamlined UK should fall, but I can't see that happening.

Tescos and all the retailers vary their prices by town to town, day to day, up and down, on offer, 2 for 1, etc etc

Just compare Tesco's and Tesco's local prices!

its all done to confuse, screw customers and make profits.

I'm due to vote tomorrow and I still am not 100% sure what way to go. I'll probably vote no. I dont like alex salmond or the majority of the people on the yes team and I dont think that they have been clear enough or answered all the questions asked. On the other side I feel that Scotland is more than capable of being independant and offer a lot to the UK economy and should have more of a say on our own affairs. Some of the underhand tactic from the yes campaign have been shocking, and they seem to want to make out that if you vote no then you are not Scottish. But again tonight I got an email from my employer which was supposed to detail the impact a yes vote would have on the company but actually ended up tearing into the yes campaign and was not about the company. There have been so many conflicting arguments on both sides which make the decision very difficult. As i said earlier I am leaning to the no side and will prob vote for this but some of the comments coming from down south are very narrow minded, to say basically the Scottish can f**k off and crash and burn is not helpful and that the rest of the UK should be worried if there is a yes vote as Scotland play a larger part and contribute far more to the union than we are given credit for.

That's how they will make their money kidnapping and they will stand around you with their kilts pulled up over their heads demanding money

Reply to scotland again in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net