Search the forum,

Discuss Should I get paid in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

JD,
I have to disagree totally here.

Remember that there is statute law around this area.
This is another case of an employer trying to take the ****, and attempting to get something for less than nothing.
Why should employees have to fund training to ensure that their employer stays legal?
What next, ALL your own tools, own vehicle, own insurances, basically self employed, but on the books, for on the books money?

I guess I best not get on my high horse about this one as I will be banned in no time at all , cause that is the sort of attitude to their employers that most of the British work force now seems to have . So I will not be replying to this thread again . I know it is not always a cut and dried case and employers can and do take the pee on many issues , but when it comes to essentially advancing his own prospects in life , but still he has his hand out . I find that beyond the pale .

Well all I can say is do what you like.
I will not chnge my opinion.
One thing, I think that you may have missed, is that I am an EMPLOYER, not an employee.
From where I sit, it is the employees looking to do me over is the issue.
It is a 2 way street, but, employees have priority, over everything from where I see it.
Employers have a staute law duty to ensure that their employees are competent through training & experience to meet their statute law duty, so why should an employee have to pay to meet their employers legal reqirements?
What next, are you going to start ensuring that all sparks must be "asbestos trained" at their own cost & implement all their own asbestos procedures, PPE, decontamination etc. so the employer can send them to do asbestos works for them?

Reply to Should I get paid in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back