Search the forum,

Discuss Surge protection Requirements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

single dwelling...recommendation only...if the client says no then you dont have to fit one...and why have you not got the 18th edition ..only came out in January 2019
Your phraseology isn't correct. In a domestic situation a risk assessment is required and where it isn't done then an SPD should be fitted unless the total value of the installation does not justify it.

I'm not going to bother with a risk assessment for £30 and if a customer is arguing over £30 then they're not a customer for me.

Whilst the inclusion of these in BS7671 threw some people initially a bit our policy is now in domestic scenarios is just fit them regardless and most people are doing the same, commercial the same just fit them.
I think just about every non domestic installation will require them anyway

Your phraseology isn't correct. In a domestic situation a risk assessment is required and where it isn't done then an SPD should be fitted unless the total value of the installation does not justify it.

In the first instance a Hazard Analysis should be carried out, if a hazard is identified then the Risk assessment is required.

Reply to Surge protection Requirements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock