Currently reading:
The price of petrol

Discuss The price of petrol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I see in the budget that they put back the planned rise to next year and took a penny a litre of the duty.This is sadly all we could hope for.If Gordon Brown was still in charge he would have brought in the planned rise in duty.
This is only a short term fix as there will be a nice rise of 5 pence a litre waiting for us in a years time.
The 21012 Focus is a nice car but not many people will be able to afford to run cars like that anymore

wonder why all the car showroom carparks are full of petrol cars and most of the diesel cars are gone lol.....maybe the 15 more miles a gallon.... :p

Most showrooms now have alot of pre registered stock with row upon row of petrol cars sitting for months at a time before they sell them.Most people are can't won't look at a 1.6 or bigger petrol engine these days.

I see the barrel of oil has went up in price this week,the cheeky beggers at my local garage put their petol up as soon as they see this on the news,I will be sticking to Asda in future as it seems to be the cheapest these days.
What I want to know is how the Goverment expect you to be able to afford to run a car these days?The last lot in power milked the motorist for every penny they could get.

The price of Petrol is down to the speculators, those greedy gits that sit on there arse all day making money from money. We used to call these types, the worlds parasites, because they serve absolutely no useful purpose in life. They tend to live off the backs of others and/or the misfortunes of others. They produce and give back to society nothing either.

It's about time that speculators in energy resources be taken out of the loop, along with any other essential commodities. You then stand a decent enough chance of having a reasonable price levied on such commodities. Only a week or so ago, the Saudis actually told the world that the price of crude oil is too high, and has nothing to do with them, that the speculation guru's are setting these high prices.

Seems that anything out of ordinary in the Middle East, or other oil producing nations, is but just a welcome excuse to send oil prices through the roof for these speculators. Just as Libya is doing right now for them!! Libya produces just 2% of the overall worlds supply, but the speculators are forcing prices far beyond that loss.... There is actually a small surplus of oil supply right now ...but you wouldn't know that by the rise of current prices right now!!!!

The price of Petrol is down to the speculators, those greedy gits that sit on there arse all day making money from money. We used to call these types, the worlds parasites, because they serve absolutely no useful purpose in life. They tend to live off the backs of others and/or the misfortunes of others. They produce and give back to society nothing either.

I agree with what you say about the speculators !00%.The sad think is whem I read your discription of them I came to realise that the agency scum that are ruining our trade are just speculating parasites only they are driving prices downward(tradesmens wages) instead of up.

I agree with what you say about the speculators !00%.The sad think is whem I read your discription of them I came to realise that the agency scum that are ruining our trade are just speculating parasites only they are driving prices downward(tradesmens wages) instead of up.

I'm afraid that is the only professions to be in these days to get on in life, and make money. All sorts of parasitic operations are cropping up all over the place. Just seems If you can find a way of making a living without actually doing anything, your on a winner these days, and these agencies your talking about, fit pretty neatly into that category.... They make the easy money, while you do the actual work for minimal money's. The job still makes the same money, just that it's being shared around with these parasitic organisations....

talking about parasites. what about the parasites in brussels, milking this country for billions, sitting on their fat bureaucratic arses, dictating our laws, employment, etc.etc. we have a chance with this lot. GET OUT OF EUROPE.

talking about parasites. what about the parasites in brussels, milking this country for billions, sitting on their fat bureaucratic arses, dictating our laws, employment, etc.etc. we have a chance with this lot. GET OUT OF EUROPE.

Europe seems to be a one way street we pay for French farmers to grow crops that don't get sold,we pay for the EU gravey train and what do we get back,millions of Poles and eastern Europeans coming in and getting free housing and all the other benefits and are taking all our jobs as well forceing down the wage rates for British people.

petrol today seen at £ 1/39.9 and Diesel £1/ 48.9 wonder if it will go up loads, it went up by 3p a litre the other day overnight between the petrol station closing at 11pm and opening again at 7am...

i saw u/l@ 1.49 n derv@ 1.59 yesterday near Wick at 2 garages ffs

This year the news will be full off reports from the more remote regions like the Highlands,Lake District,Cornwall,Devon etc that depend on tourism will be struggling for numbers this year with the price of fuel.These prices are taking the (no swearing allowed).
The sad fact is that the fuel is only going to get dearer,who wants to go to the Highlands or Islands to get ripped of like this,never mind the overpriced hotels and food.Alot of businesses up north will be going bust in the next few years.

I think that they will put 2 or 3 pence a litre on fuels on thursday night or friday early am hoping that nobody will make a fuss (not that anybody can actually do anything about it anyway) off the back of the good feeling that there will be floating about with the event thats on and all that.....they know we are just a bunch of under the thumb pu%%ies in this country anyway so the "fund managers" will be laughing all the way back to the luxury car showroom (for the second time this year) keep a look at prices, there will be a lot of things in shops and supermarkets that will nudge up a few pence overnight including the petrol/diesel/LPG etc...

This may be a stupid question but do use get red diesel in england, agricultural stuff? Been tempted to run on the green stuff here, bout 70p a litre in the south of ireland but £1000 fine first time offence so risk is not worth it

This may be a stupid question but do use get red diesel in england, agricultural stuff? Been tempted to run on the green stuff here, bout 70p a litre in the south of ireland but £1000 fine first time offence so risk is not worth it

The money you save is not enough to sweat everytime the old bill go past I would think.

I have to say its sad that we hold no power as they can put the price up and up and there is nothing we can do about it sadly

friends of mine have been on the red stuff for years, average of 20,000 a year over ten years is quite a saving, always had a company vehicle until recent so it never really bothered me, and when your been paying £1.50/pl for petrol this past two years you get used to the price, £80 of super unleaded for 120 miles or half an hours spirited driving is hard to justify but even harder to stop doing

there will be a lot of things in shops and supermarkets that will nudge up a few pence overnight including the petrol/diesel/LPG etc...[/QUOTE]

The simple fact is that nearly everything we buy goes by road so when the price of fuel goes up,everything we buy eventully goes up to.
In the past five years we have had a really big rise in the price of basic foodstuffs,meat milk,bread,cornflakes,etc which people are struggling to afford.
The rise in fuel duty and vat in January has put the price of everything up,and I notice the price of my shopping creeping up a few pence here and there on an almost weekly basis,where is the money coming from to pay for these price rises?

Its 1.41 euros here today for un leaded 1.50 for diessel so not much difference between uk n Spain. At 1.25p suppose its still 75p a gallon cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big supermarkets are now saying no more than 140p a litre for desil Shell Murco and esso near me are all 141.9

Just dropped a friend at airport she was over from bahraine she was PHSL@ price here when she left she filled her car ( small hatch) with fuel from near empty equivelant to £16 for the full tank no wonder her man doesnt bother about his gas guzzling big yank off roader

Reply to The price of petrol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back