Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Had my last smoke in Feb (about 30 a day for years before then), been on vapourlites e things since and am now down to 0 Mg nicotine so just gotta break the habit rather than the addiction now. Probably put on 2.5 stone in weight though but I can shift that after the glow in the dark fake smokes have gone.

I like the e-cig thingies, 10 months without a real smoke ............my all time record...........That reminds me must get the old electronic smoke PAT tested soon it's nearly a year old lol

I've just gone past the 20 day mark without a real cig., my all time record in 40 years by 20 days.
I'm permanently attached to my e-cig though! Going through about 15ml of juice/week.

@40/day, that's 800 smokes I haven't smoked...

Yes.

Started back in April on the ciggie looking ones, only managed to cut down about a third.
A few weeks back, after some geezer let me have a toke on his refillable, decided to get one, haven't had a smoke since I got it.

I'm very tempted at giving them a bash, but there seems to be so many to choose from, sizes, colours, shapes, it used to be tipped or rolls ups, now so many choices lol

Juice separate, yes.
I didn't get the next kit up because I already had the mains charger from the previous jobbies.

So, with juice, £40 delivered and they give you a time it's coming.

Q for you ex smokers, did you go through a phase where your lungs clear themselves out, coughing up goodness knows what?
I've heard it happens around 6 weeks, or is it just an Urban myth?
I'm getting slightly chesty/gurglely at the moment after 3 weeks, nowt of any significance though.

50 days without a single drag on a smoke now.
Can't stop thinking about them though!
90 mils of E-juice vapourised.

I think I'm getting fatter as well, what with the extra ale consumption.
Going to have to start increasing the exercise.

I also use one of those Archy, along with the wife. Been on them for about 8 weeks now, saved a fortune between us already. Makes me wonder now how we afforded cigs (or what else we were sacrificing so we could have them). I do yearn for a smoke sometimes, but this tends to be worse when I'm drinking. Unlike you, my alcohol consumption has gone down due to this. I'm actually feeling loads better in myself, and less tired. The next stage will be to give up the e-cig, but I'm not in a rush to do that.

Well done to all the people and who have managed to give up. I'm one who has replaced the cigarette with an ecig, my main one at the mo is this. 2600mAh battery, you can use it while its charging and it'll even recharge your phone for you. Plus you can alter the volts or watts it kicks out, oh yeah and measure the resistance of your atomiser if you build your own coils. Saves getting the Megger out!
Unfortunately Brussels want to ban them as part of the Tobacco Products directive, they say that they might act as a "gateway to tobacco" for children. If you're interested, there's a website here that explains this and a forum here that explains everything about the wonderful world of ecigs.
I haven't had a smoke since my last post here, I'm now vaping Vanilla Custard and Snake Oil!

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock