Search the forum,

Discuss Type C Mcb in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you were to rod the hot tub's panel then it would have to be either isolated from the supply earth by not connecting the cable's earth at the hot tub end (creating its own TT), or you'd run a 10mm bonding cable back to the supply MET.

I'm thinking more towards this tub being located/positioned on bare ground or grass. I'm not really that bothered about broken neutrals on a TNC-S/PME supply, as the chance of ever seeing that, is going to be remote to say the least!! As stated i'd be installing a 3 core 6mm SWA supply cable out to this hot tub, which would provide an ample CSA of copper CPC going back to the MET. I'd probably also use a 6mm earthing conductor from the hot tubs local earth rod too!!

Bare feet on wet earth and grass, or on wet concrete is another matter altogether though, ...now you're in the realms of potential differences and step voltages!!

If you were to rod the hot tub's panel then it would have to be either isolated from the supply earth by not connecting the cable's earth at the hot tub end (creating its own TT), or you'd run a 10mm bonding cable back to the supply MET.

I'd be happy to have either, (if the TT was of a low value). In this case, I reckon 6 mm of copper, will do an adequate job of protection, even if it's not exactly what the BGB say's!! lol!!

Reply to Type C Mcb in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back