Currently reading:
Vphase units

Discuss Vphase units in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does the promotion of this nonsense never end
icon9.png

Even if all the claptrap spouted by its very few admirers was to be somehow possible in the physics of this universe
The economic argument alone should be enough to warrant opening the lid of the dust bin, in preparation for its natural home

The cost of the unit,the alteration of the consumer unit set up,the labour cost of the spark doing the work,the notification fee for part p,the hope of having somewhere suitable to locate the unneeded contraption and finally more money than the sense needed to manage those pounds
Couple that with the reality of little if any gain and the subject needs putting to bed

Thats my last post on this nonsense,a nonsense that has found the forum hijacked in order to persue publicity for a
failed magical fantasy item that some are silly enough to invest in

This subject is getting like toothache, it just won’t go away!

P Clark, I’ll ask you to be honest do you have a connection with Vphase? It seems funny that a new thread was launched on this subject and then you resurrect this old thread. It’s too much of a coincidence for me.

The saving I make on this device is between £60-70 per year based on my measured data. It cost me £180 to buy yes I had a friend fit it for free. Payback 180/65 =2.7 years. Yes I am promoting this device because I been really pleased with it’s a great energy saving device and of people have rubbished it. Do I have any links with company who make unit no. I am a fool I hope not. My qualifications and pear reviewed publications in the area of power generation efficiency suggests that that my scientific understand is sound. I don’t think that there is any reason for you to be so rude and nasty. I hope you’re pathetic out burst make you feel a happier person.

I’m not allowed to be rude and nasty any more, I’m on a formal warning with the board for that!

But I do have a nasty suspicious mind! That along with a trait for speaking my mind.

Hate me as you will but I’ll never be convinced of the use of the Vpower unit, it’s snake oil!

Now here’s a strange twist, we’re now joined by Gordon0707. Zero posts, but a thanks to P Clark for his defence of the “snake oil” unit.

Has my mind become that nasty and suspicious?

Nothing suspicious here, and yes this is my first post on this forum. I have been trawling the forums in an attempt to find the best option for a 100 unit voltage optimisation unit trial project I have been asked to price on. My thanks to PClark on this one was simply a relief to my frustration that it seemed to be the only constructive comment in the thread, everything else purely dismissive with no content, as on a lot of the other forums.
I have had some limited experience with commercial versions and seen the technology working, I am disappointed that others seem not to understand that it can work. I do agree that in some cases domestically the annual bills are too low to justify the outlay, and am fully aware of the limitations regarding resistive/thermostatically heated items.
I have found three manufacturers of domestic units via my wholesaler VPhase, VO4Home (Powerstar) and VoltisHome (Marshall Tufflex) and have heard rumours that Wylex are soon to be doing one. Although my wholesaler stocks the VoltisHome I see little evidence in any forums of any comments on any unit apart from the VPhase, so they must be doing something right. The company I am pricing tells me that many housing associations are already installing them and indeed recommending them.
The three above all seem to produce similar savings but each in a slightly different way, and with drastically different costs. So having accepted that the technology works, and realising that some people do believe in it and are already fitting it or having it fitted anyway, my problem is still which one to go for?

...........The three above all seem to produce similar savings but each in a slightly different way, and with drastically different costs.
I'd be interested on a technical level to see how the three systems achieve the same savings but in a different way. Can you point to some tech info that explains this?

Didn't the DNO's in the UK already drop their nominal voltage from 240 to 230 for this reason?

From what I've found out so far the VO4Home is basically a variable transformer that you set to reduce the voltage by a set amount, seems to be in 6v options. The VoltisHome is similar but part automatic (however, you have to test the incoming voltage first as they have 2 options depending on your incoming voltage). The Vphase uses 'anti-phase' voltage to maintain 220v which I am told works similar to noise reducing headphones!
I have only got the sales information from my supplier and briefly looked at the websites so not very 'Technical' I'm afraid, but all have helplines, just haven't had chance to ring yet.

Didn't the DNO's in the UK already drop their nominal voltage from 240 to 230 for this reason?

And I thought it was for european harmonisation

As I find regularly the quoted voltage may have dropped but the reality is still the same

From what I've found out so far the VO4Home is basically a variable transformer that you set to reduce the voltage by a set amount, seems to be in 6v options. The VoltisHome is similar but part automatic (however, you have to test the incoming voltage first as they have 2 options depending on your incoming voltage). The Vphase uses 'anti-phase' voltage to maintain 220v which I am told works similar to noise reducing headphones!
I have only got the sales information from my supplier and briefly looked at the websites so not very 'Technical' I'm afraid, but all have helplines, just haven't had chance to ring yet.

You have been seeing dismissive remarks on ALL the forum you have visited for a very good reason, domestically they are a waste of the house owners time and money!!

No-one as far as i have seen, have knocked the commercial units, which are a whole different ball game. Domestic units (vphase) are limited to 16A max and then go into by-pass and doing nothing to save energy/money. Commercial units will be sized to the type and size of loads they will be connected too, they are also far more costly than the domestic units too.

As for you saying that we, as sceptics haven't given reasons for being dismissive of the domestic vphase unit, who are you kidding?? Only yourself as far as i can see!! Very valid reasons have been put forward in every thread i've ever seen on any forum!!!

If you think that you know better than all these contributors, many of which are more than technically quallified to make those comments, then go ahead and waste your money. We would all love to hear of your fantastic savings after the first year. Except you won't be making any savings in real terms, for at least 5 years. But we'd still like to hear of these personal savings you make....

Last edited by a moderator:
Silly question's then i'll run for cover ,

1/WHY DONT THE MAKE A BIGGER UNIT THAN 16a, would that not solve some problems
2/ COULD YOU NOT FIT MORE THAN ONE UNIT
3/ Just fit led/cfl's lights and switch off unessesary appliances

Im off to my bunker with a candle

Jamie

Haha, .... it's a make believe,or virtual voltage they have in the UK now, the same as it is in Europe too. For some convoluted reason, the powers that be decided that Europe should also have a single voltage so they decided, ...on paper anyway to knock 10 volts off of UK's 240V (415/240) and added 10 volts to Europe 220v (220/380)?? So now, even though the voltages remain the same as they always were, we have this virtual or make-believe nominal voltage accross Europe of 230V (400/230)

Jamie

Run for cover you might ...lol!!!

1/.... Sure that can make bigger but it comes with a bigger cost too!!

2/.... Sure you can fit 2 unit's too, at twice the cost again, (wonder how long that will take before pay-back?

3/.... Your best selection/solution, ...save your money and put it to better uses!! lol!!

Jamie
Hi Jamie, You might like to check out Voltis, marketed through Marshall Tufflex, this unit has a 60A rating before entering bypass mode. On the face of it a better compromise system, but I'll leave you and others on here to comment whether this is a good solution or not. I'm keeping my powder dry for a later date when Marshall Tufflex have answered my specific questions about the Voltis Unit.

http://www.marshalltufflexenergy.com/voltishome/

Gordon, P Clarke,
Any chance you can bestow us with your background to the obvious knowledge you have to see the common sense behind these units. Just wondered becuase so many of here must be missing the point with our years of knowledge of electrickery:D.

Big n Daft
Hope this helps
30 years with Seeboard/EDF the last 12 (I think) on industrial, but including energy marketing, contracting and installation inspection. Followed by a brief spell in electrical wholesale, I have gone back 'on the tools', persuaded by my cousin to take on his project work at a large UK holiday group, which he is looking to roll out voltage optimisation, both commercial and domestic, hence my original interest in the forum for the domestic. I have passed on the details and comments in this and other forums and he assures me he has looked and is still determined to go ahead following advice from his DNO. He tells me the figures he has been given, although not guaranteed, show combined payback in just over 1.5 years, the commercial unit for the main buildings is 1.1 year and the 250 chalets etc 3.2yrs. Additional savings expected in lamp maintenance etc. (Incidentally his DNO which I beleive is SSE recommended Vphase)
So that's me!

Reply to Vphase units in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock