Currently reading:
what documents should be completed after initial veritication?

Discuss what documents should be completed after initial veritication? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The Napit Minor works/.Single circuit electrical certificate seems to contain the information required by the IET in their description of what is required to be included on the Electrical installation Certificate form No 1

Form No 1 is a condensed version of the much more comprehensive form No 2

What information, that may not be on the certificate do you suggest should be included
I very often hear moans about the volume of paperwork,yet there seems to be a yearning for complication where none may be essential

By the way,I use my dear friends certificates,the red jobbies

Only Crapit are suggesting a new ring final circuit can be classed as a minor Job with a minor works one page certificate, they need to get a grip with this before they are laughed out of the industry, Ive never known anything like it, what next? a rewire on a minor works LMAO, Dist board Change on a Minor works lol

Minor works is two page cert

There has been a few pages of opinions aghast at the sheer audacity to produce a user friendly form
If I had it on the computer,it would be my choice of form
icon6.png

All these scams generate forms that are made up as Glossy imitations of the IET model
The only essential needed is for the necessary info to be included

Reading the sheer amazement and envy displayed in this thread,it may be time for the Niceic to follow their lead
icon14.png
icon12.png

If you were to include the notes page,it would be a 3 page effort

Re: napit mwc for new circuit

View attachment 18580
not that i think its right napit mwc can be used for new circuit
also bs7671 forms are model to base forms on
gn3 states mwc not for new circuit

That is not the current certificate
It is neither constructed the same or contains the information required
Page 1 is missing quite a lot of the form and you don't include the inspection schedule of page 3

LOL, Mine must be out of date then kate, apologies for that, as you can tell by my comment I don't do that many these days, all EICs really.

Thank you for the apology, it means a lot to me :) I know the cert isn't quite right/up to regs but NAPIT are my insurers too. If I don't follow their instructions I invalidate my insurance not just my membership.

Re: napit mwc for new circuit

View attachment 18580
not that i think its right napit mwc can be used for new circuit
also bs7671 forms are model to base forms on
gn3 states mwc not for new circuit

Thats the kak stuff to fill in the blank inside cover, I've never really looked at it. It doesn't represent the cert at all, as there is another page. I have a blank copy if the whole thing but I can't link to it as it is a password protected area of the website. Obviously I don't want to give my log in details! How can I upload a document to the forum? Or if I get PMed an email address I will email and attachment.

Thank you for the apology, it means a lot to me :) I know the cert isn't quite right/up to regs but NAPIT are my insurers too. If I don't follow their instructions I invalidate my insurance not just my membership.

Whoever gave you that idea Kate
Do you honestly think that Napit would produce a form that was unfit for purpose and be unaware of what is required

I rarely have anything positive to say about the scams.but give them their due,they are not that stupid

Kate
You are best not producing the certificate off the site,it could make problems for your good self
Let those who want to believe the rubbish warnings of the scaremeongers do so

You carry on using the forms with full confidence that they comply with IET requirements

Have you read all the posts on this thread? Do you know how much **** I've taken defending NAPIT. Situation has finally just been 'defused' please don't start it back up again.
Read ALL of this thread. I've even said I'm going to carry in using the forms even though at least 3 people have told me I'm stupid too.

Have you read all the posts on this thread? Do you know how much **** I've taken defending NAPIT. Situation has finally just been 'defused' please don't start it back up again.
Read ALL of this thread. I've even said I'm going to carry in using the forms even though at least 3 people have told me I'm stupid too.

Calm Down Kate, no one is giving you grief, you need to grow a thick skin here, in a months time you will laugh at this, you have proved your point, we just don't agree with Napit, it doesn't mean your a cowboy, far from it, I can tell you take your job seriously and respect you for it, chin up girl.

Thank you. I was getting some really abusive messages yesterday and was on a downer when this thread started. The moderators have sorted this now...but it's knocked my confidence.
I have a fairly thick skin, worked on a company where everyone expected me to drop out any second and I was 'the tea bitch' for years...until I was 6 months from qualifying they realised I was serious.
The messages yesterday were pure evil though...don't think I've ever had anyone be that mean!!
i take my work as a 'projection' of me, I bumped into a customer today, did work for him 2 weeks ago and he gave me a tenner tip. That's why I do this job, not to earn money, it's the thanks afterwards.

and I was 'the tea bitch' for years....

your not alone, I was the tea boy for all my apprentiship, your lucky you don't have testicles, I had mine painted with cutting paste in front of several women on a MOD site once, I was also stripped naked and tied to a fence lol, all part of learning the trade Kate.

I guess I was a bit lucky lol! Throughout my apprenticeship it was 'she can't do that job she's just the tea bitch' got to go to breaks 15mins early everyday to make tea for 10blokes lol. I should say it was the lads younger than me who did this, not the people running the jobs! And only practical jokes I got was to move my stuff etc. at the time I just felt alienated...ah to go back to when it was easy lol.
Now it's 14 hr days by the time you add in pricing/invoicing etc.
i am sorry for going on complete defensive yesterday. Feeling a little stressed

Kate,I took your advise and read all of the thread
You were standing alone against a tide of opinion and had no support,that was regrettable

However,you stood your ground,took things on the chin and bounced back with some fine uppercuts
icon6.png

No one appeared to question your electrical ability or standards
icon14.png

Stay around,get to know the characters and you may learn that they are a fine bunch,even when they are in pack mentality
icon11.png

Kate,I took your advise and read all of the thread
You were standing alone against a tide of opinion and had no support,that was regrettable

However,you stood your ground,took things on the chin and bounced back with some fine uppercuts
icon6.png

No one appeared to question your electrical ability or standards
icon14.png

Stay around,get to know the characters and you may learn that they are a fine bunch,even when they are in pack mentality
icon11.png

Thank you, when I look back I just see me being a bit mental!! I had a bad day yesterday. Yea I can see they weren't questioning me as such, my confidence was down from a previous encounter. I am sorry for my emotional coming out. Think I need a holiday! I am feeling a little ill stressed. Have organised myself a half day off Friday assuming my planing works, before I blow a casket.

Thank you. I was getting some really abusive messages yesterday and was on a downer when this thread started. The moderators have sorted this now...but it's knocked my confidence.
I have a fairly thick skin, worked on a company where everyone expected me to drop out any second and I was 'the tea bitch' for years...until I was 6 months from qualifying they realised I was serious.
The messages yesterday were pure evil though...don't think I've ever had anyone be that mean!!
i take my work as a 'projection' of me, I bumped into a customer today, did work for him 2 weeks ago and he gave me a tenner tip. That's why I do this job, not to earn money, it's the thanks afterwards.

You still are the tea bitch :)

No idea who was sending you horrible private messages - but whoever they are they need to get a grip.

Reply to what documents should be completed after initial veritication? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock