Currently reading:
where do i stand?

Discuss where do i stand? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have you got kids and responsibilities. If your money has dropped can you pick up extra tax credits or benifits. You deserve them if you can get them. Just remember some families who do nothing earn at least £26000 a year. Get what you are entitled to.

Have you got kids and responsibilities. If your money has dropped can you pick up extra tax credits or benifits. You deserve them if you can get them. Just remember some families who do nothing earn at least £26000 a year. Get what you are entitled to.

yes mate got 2 kids, but the missus works 3 days a week as a legal secretary so i dont think we qualify, tbh i am hoping it would not come to that, but who knows what the future holds

If you do lose your job the first thing you need to do is talk to your mortgage company and see if they'll allow you to go on to interest only payments only, it'll save you a lot of money in the short term.

Keep your head down, continue to work professionally; whilst sending out your c.v.
I know it has come at the wrong time for you but stay focussed, pass your exam and the redundancy may not come your way.

Hope all works out well for you.

Is the company a member of the ECA and do you get paid JIB wages/conditions etc? If they are and you do then it might be worthwhile giving your union rep. a call, do it even if they aint a member anyway.

is it just you or is there others getting paid off,was there any meetings regards skills etc to say who goes and who stays,these things have to be done properly or you could have a case for unfair dismissal,id speak to a union..

is it just you or is there others getting paid off,was there any meetings regards skills etc to say who goes and who stays,these things have to be done properly or you could have a case for unfair dismissal,id speak to a union..

it affects about 10 of us but to be fair i would say i am in the top two skills/qualifications wise - but everything has been done by the book and yes the firm is a member of the ECA

if its been done by the book then take the money and run,im a bit unsure about this week to week thing,make sure it isnt a week to week contract where he can let you go when work isnt there,be careful what you sign..

Reply to where do i stand? in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock