Currently reading:
Which make of VDE sidecutters do you think are best?

Discuss Which make of VDE sidecutters do you think are best? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I like my CK ones with the stripping grooves and screw cutters built in, though in fairness I don't think I've ever tried any other brand!

Another one for Knipex, also got the proof that they are actually insulated properly image.jpg

keep your old damaged snips , they can become what i call "demolition" snips , useful for cutting live cables , meter seals and any number of other naughty tasks.......;-)

anyways , im currently using these.......

$T2eC16J,!)UE9s3wBm2SBQt4U33lFQ~~60_12.JPG

stanley 7" high leverage vde sidecutters , bargin at around 13 notes.

however i am secretly whoring over these..........

download knipex.jpg

knipex crops , not cheap. ;-)

I've got a pair of Stanley Fatmax too, also used for what you say Biff. I got mine for about the same after someone thought they needed my NWS ones more than I did.
Those crops are £40 in Screwfix mate, I don't think that's too bad.

I have a set of nws with stripping notches. The notches are great but its usually two snips to cut a cable. For thicker cables the cable cutters come out.

just seen these bad boys on da web.........

9505165-2.jpg

not your usual bog standard vanadium plated steel cutters , oh no , these are polished surgical stainless steel !

they look the shizzle ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
me too lol

you buy first and put up pics & review for the rest of us :)

ultra sharp cutting blades and sprung opening handles with lock for 30 notes , you know it make sense ;-D

those cutters do look epic though.........

;-D

Stop it , get behind me!:reddevil:

They do , I must admit I am NOT tempted much lol.
I have a CK pair (standard I think) they are like a knife through butter, but.......................

Reply to Which make of VDE sidecutters do you think are best? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back