Discuss 10 Things You Might Not Know About Me in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Started at 13 as a saturday boy in a factory helping a maintenance spark
started an apprenticeship at 16
went to the canary islands every 3 months for 5/6 years as a young twenty something year old
have had 3 major car accidents, none were my fault, one of them injured 6 people badly, I was unhurt
nearly lost a leg at 19, doctors managed to save it
I am a serious dog lover, have 2 currently, will never be without one
love song birds as well, I have built tables to keep them in the garden all year around
I own 2 air rifles, and owned a shot gun for 10 years
I am friends with a famous person
I have also worked for another very famous person and rewired their home
can speak 2 languages

Good question especially as it seems so real and you can hear it....go figure. Last time I was in the Caymen Islands it was wall to wall Americans but you can join me for a while when I buy my place in Mauritius.

Well that counts the Cayman Islands out then. I have an aversion to Yanks. Soon or later they turn everything into a slum. They are the undisputed champion in the tournament of ar$eh0les.:)

Give us names, or nobody believes you
I will give you one clue on the rewire name, if you follow football, and you must know I am in gloucestershire, thenyou may work out whos house I rewired, not from our area, but lives here,I am off to bed, answer tomorrow, well maybe lol

Like Marvo, I'm quite enjoying this thread, so here's a few more from me.

1. My first car was a mark III Ford Cortina Estate (not by choice but I loved it)
2. I used to have a crush on Mike Edwards of Jesus Jones fame
3. I like mainly electronic music (particular favourite styles are 80's and trance) but I can listen to almost anything apart from opera and the many flavours of metal (with one or two notable exceptions)
4. I was the engineer who flipped the software switches and moved control of Lancashire Fire and Rescue from their old control room in Fulwood down to the joint North West control room at Warrington (and then caned it down the motorway with the server while the part of the system the company I was working for provided was running on a virtual machine)
5. I'm currently trying to learn to play the tin whistle (aside from the electronic stuff I like quite a bit of folk music)
6. One of my all time favourite sweets is the drumstick lolly
7. I make awesome bramble jelly jam and rose hip syrup
8. I've eaten haggis at The Castle Tavern in Inverness
9. I'd like to get a kayak so I can spend more time on the river Wye up Monmouth way
10. I like knitting and crotchet and have knitted hats for the Innocent Smoothie bottles :)

Bonus factoid... my favourite biscuit is the chocolate chip digestive closely followed by Oreo cookies :rolleyes:

2. I used to have a crush on Mike Edwards of Jesus Jones fame
My wife and I both bought the "Doubt" album, on cassette, one month before we met. Also listened to EMF, Carter USM and PWEI back in the day

5. I'm currently trying to learn to play the tin whistle
I cant play a note on anything, but the kids are talented. Piano, guitar, bassoon, trombone. Luckily no drums or bagpipes.

8. I've eaten haggis at The Castle Tavern in Inverness
Well done, you. Others on here wont even try it.

Love it, I'd like somewhere to put my Technic cars and trucks :)
I sense a new thread starting.

My wife and I both bought the "Doubt" album, on cassette, one month before we met. Also listened to EMF, Carter USM and PWEI back in the day

Doubt was easily their most successful album. Saw JJ live a couple of times, supported by Soho and Sunscreem. EMF, Carter USM and PWEI all have some space in my music collection as well. That was my clubbing period.

Their loss. I won't lie, it was with some trepidation I tried it the first time (yes, I've eaten it more than once), but it was delicious.

haggis are easily obtained in scotland. as they don't have legs, they can't run away, so even a drunken scot can catch them.

I cant play a note on anything, but the kids are talented. Piano, guitar, bassoon, trombone. Luckily no drums or bagpipes.

I sense a new thread starting.
OK I'll start it

haggis are easily obtained in scotland. as they don't have legs, they can't run away, so even a drunken scot can catch them.

That shows your ignorance. Haggii (the plural of Haggis) actually have 3 legs. One side leg being shorter than the others to assist in running round the sides of hills.
The Haggis hunting season is relatively short. Only the month of January, and traditionally eaten on Burns night as that is when the adult Haggis is at its most tasty.
The Haggis are also farmed intensively, so you can enjoy haggis all year round.

That shows your ignorance. Haggii (the plural of Haggis) actually have 3 legs. One side leg being shorter than the others to assist in running round the sides of hills.
The Haggis hunting season is relatively short. Only the month of January, and traditionally eaten on Burns night as that is when the adult Haggis is at its most tasty.
The Haggis are also farmed intensively, so you can enjoy haggis all year round.
Haggis=a glorified ------, which can be obtained in most Suppermarket freezer aisles, as can real Haggii for that matter, either way urgggh.

I like this, then again is there such a thing as a Sober Jock?

Reply to 10 Things You Might Not Know About Me in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock