Discuss £100 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Stolen from tilersforums.co.uk

SUBJECT: £100.00
It's a slow day in a little east Norfolk town. The sun is beating
down,and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in
debt, and everybody lives on credit. On this particular day a rich
tourist from down south is driving through town. He stops at the motel
and lays a £100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms
upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.
As soon as the man walks upstairs, the owner grabs the bill and runs
next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
The butcher takes the £100 and runs down the street to repay his debt
to the pig farmer.
The pig farmer takes the £100 and heads off to pay his bill at the
supplier of feed and fuel.
The guy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the £100 and runs to pay his debt
to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has
had to offer her "services" on credit.
The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the
hotel owner.
The hotel proprietor then places the £100 back on the counter so the
rich traveler will not suspect anything.
At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, picks up the £100
bill, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money,
and leaves town.
No one produced anything. No one earned anything.
However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future
with a lot more optimism.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the British Government is
conducting business today..

Thats the way the world goes round lol!!

an even better one is TAX you earn your money and are taxed on your income,( all fair and above board) then you get taxed on everything else! so basically your paying tax on the same pound at least twice if not more lol

Thats the way the world goes round lol!!

an even better one is TAX you earn your money and are taxed on your income,( all fair and above board) then you get taxed on everything else! so basically your paying tax on the same pound at least twice if not more lol

The facts about tax.

You are taxed on everything you earn.
You are taxed on everything you save.
You are taxed on everything you buy.
And you are taxed when you die.

We are also the only economy in the developed world that taxes tax.

Example.........Petrol goes up 2p per litre due to an increase in fuel duty, then VAT is added on top of this as well, so the actual increase is about 3.5p which of course will be rounded up to 4p.

Since the VAT went back up on 1st Jan, fuel in my area has gone up from £1.01 to £1.13 per litre, since when has 2.5% of £1.01 been 12p ?

RIP OFF BRITAIN, I'VE HAD ENOUGH:mad:

The facts about tax.

You are taxed on everything you earn.
You are taxed on everything you save.
You are taxed on everything you buy.
And you are taxed when you die.

We are also the only economy in the developed world that taxes tax.

Example.........Petrol goes up 2p per litre due to an increase in fuel duty, then VAT is added on top of this as well, so the actual increase is about 3.5p which of course will be rounded up to 4p.

Since the VAT went back up on 1st Jan, fuel in my area has gone up from £1.01 to £1.13 per litre, since when has 2.5% of £1.01 been 12p ?

RIP OFF BRITAIN, I'VE HAD ENOUGH:mad:
Don't worry too much. IMO it's only a matter of time before the whole system collapses. Cost of petrol will be the least of your problems:eek::eek:.They've pushed it too far this time! I personally think that this year we will see Britain go bust and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it!! The Original post sums up exactly why GB is fubarred. We don't actually produce anything, we just sell houses and crap tasting coffee to each other! You can only do that for a limited time.

Reply to £100 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net