Discuss 100w-150w LED flood light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hanson

DIY
Reaction score
I want to buy two of the above for my property.

I am on a budget.

The property can get battered by driving rain, finding an outdoor LED flood lights isn't the issue but access for maintenance will be.

No matter where I look the failure rate for LED flood lights is alarming brand or no brand and mostly because regardless of IP65 rating, let water/rain in.

I want the job done once and forget for a few years, they won't get used often.

I am budget restricted but I get buy cheap, buy twice and LEDs have a operating life but can anyone recommend a LED flood light that will last and don't leak.

I have fitted these in a church and even through they are inside,in the eves,they have lasted since the 3 years ago i fitted them.

Was thinking of the very same thing and noticed similar pricing for warm, cool & daylight versions.

Claimed 5 year warranty, but not sure how easy it might be to make a claim from the manufacturer and Amazon won't help much after a year.

I mention the warranty as I have a 150W V-Tac floodlight waiting to replace a failed unit and it looks.... thrown together, with sealant applied by a young child.

Min £75 for something worth fitting if access is hard. Spend less and you will be paying someone to"access " again . having said that ..LED's dont last for ever !

The hassle and aggravation trying to claim on warranty 3,4 years down the line for something so inexpensive is probably not worth it.
In the Amazon description below (in Bold) interesting, wonder how they work!!!!

• Comes with 5 years warranty and LED provided by Samsung: efficiency, and long-lasting, cutting-edge performance ensured and engineered to enable equal heat or thermal dissipation – a perfect replacement for traditional floodlights
  • Easy To Install: no external power supply required, inclusive of 30-cm wire

Thanks Bob, I looked at these and they appear just fine, unfortunately my eventual installation is going get some serious weathering.
I'd be revising the budget significantly upwards or considering less impressive illumination.

Even with the best of lights you can be unlucky, but the element of luck required increases dramatically with cheap floodlights.

I'd be looking at Bell or Steinel and selecting lights with 5+ years of warranty. Both manufacturers will reliably honour their respective warranties on failed units which had been correctly installed.

Thanks to everyone and their suggestions.

The problem has always been one of access, where I'd like the floodlights to go and the battering they will endure.

Small rethink, not where I would like them to go but would make access a lot eaiser if I installed elsewhere but they will still get battered by the weather.

I'm not going to get anything decent on my budget so easier access, eaiser to replace and hope what I get lasts a while.

I have ordered a 100w V-TEC LED SMD and a couple of standard 100w LED, ordered them off CPC along with weatherproof boxes and glands, all rated at IP65 or above.

I think the leads will be to short on all of them so purchased 6m of 1mm HO7RN-F 3-core.

A new circuit from the CU will have a 300w load using 1mm T&E as the main cable run.

Two FLs will be operated by one switch, the other single 100w FL on two switches.

A little while ago I purchased a Quinetic wireless setup for the single flood light, sickness prevented me from getting on with the job.

The other two FLs I am gong to be using a AceGoo wireless set up ordered via Amazon.

A lot of these wireless setups apart from Quinetic, like FLs are hit and miss, you take your chance on a brand regardless of reviews as to reliability.

Last edited:

Reply to 100w-150w LED flood light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net