Discuss 10km Great Manchester run in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

manda

Hi Guys and Gals.

As some of you Know I recently lost my Mum and I wanted to do something in her Memory. As she was for many years an avid fundraiser for various charities, I thought it would be fitting to take part in the Great Manchester run to raise money for the stroke association.
I know things are still tough out there for many, but if you could afford, I'd like to ask if you guys could visit my Just giving page and sponsor me. :)

Amanda Shaw is fundraising for The Stroke Association

Cheers Guys.

Sorry to hear about you losing your mum Amanda. Good luck with your fundraising, hope you enjoy the run and make some money for a good cause.

Cheers Marvo. I'm quite looking forward to it. Once I've got my fitness level back up a bit that is! Seem to struggle running for the bus these days ;) It's a good cause and I'm sure My Mum will look down on the day and have a good giggle at me!!

Its good to see some support from the folks on here!

Get your dosh out DS!!!!

(Honest I am not repeatedly bumping this post!!! Great cause though)

I hope you all dip in to your pockets. Manda’s reason is cause enough.
BUT failure to complete will draw retribution. (Not really but it sounds good)! Just do your best, it’s all we can ask of you.

Thanks guys!! Sorry I've not been on lately. Thank you for the donations, and rest assured I'll complete it if it kills me. I've got myself a decent training program set up after originally almost killing myself going all out too soon, and am actually getting to enjoy it. (a little). ;)

Well, I've just got back from week 1 at the training centre, thoroughly enjoyed it, especially getting some testing in! Great time and can't wait to get back for week 2 next month.

I got a knee injury running, So have had to lay off for a while until it's healed. I'm allowed to strength train for it, use bike, and cross trainer, but until the pain is gone that's it. On a good note, I'd so far got my distance up to 7k, so I'm not too worried making the 10k once I'm back in shape for it. I had to get fitted with new running shoes, which should help stop it recurring.

Get yourself on the rowing machine, probably what you mean with the cross trainer. Great things for non impact, especially on the knees!, training.
You've got 2 months to go, no worries.

It's May 20th, plenty of time to get back into my running shoes and get my distance up. Thankfully, the injury came just before I went for my training week, so it's time I'd have lost quite a bit of anyhow. The pain has eased quite a lot from what it was, and I'm hoping it won't be so long now. I'm still looking forward to the event, so all's good ;)

think of it as 6 miles. doesn't sound as bad as 10km

Reply to 10km Great Manchester run in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net