Discuss 10kw Flat Roof Solutions with Low Ballast in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

FIT-PV

Can anyone recommend a good flat roof solution without penetrating the roof.

I looked at renusol consoles today, however their wind load calculation suggested I needed a ballast of 320kg in each console bucket!

This is for a building that is 30m in height, and in my opinion 44 panels with 320kg load under each panel is way too much.

i was at the nec show recently a system you silicon the tray down without penetration and renusol even purchased 500 units as it was better than there system
forget the name of it though lol

We are having the same issue, i don't think that the consoles will even get that much ballast in them!! With our project , as there is plant on this roof we need a method whereby you can just have the 1 unit on its own and many of the low ballast ones i have seen suggest that you need at least 2 together.

Still searching, the silicon solution or the Avesco system may be suitable for you?

We are having the same issue, i don't think that the consoles will even get that much ballast in them!! With our project , as there is plant on this roof we need a method whereby you can just have the 1 unit on its own and many of the low ballast ones i have seen suggest that you need at least 2 together.

Still searching, the silicon solution or the Avesco system may be suitable for you?

Renusol have launched a low ballast Console called "Console+". The basic idea is they have a lower pitch angle, and a wind break type feature for all panels along the back edge and sides of the array, which dramatically reduces the ballast weight needed. I believe they have a design tool on their web page, or we will be happy to put together a bill of materials and price the job for you. Please get in touch if of interest.

Try Solion, they claim zero ballast due to aerodynamic design. (oh and they're british) Website is not up to much, product is better!

Reply to 10kw Flat Roof Solutions with Low Ballast in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net