Discuss 16a cooker switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

craigsuds

A friend is installing a new cooker which has a rating of 16a. The old one was off a 13a fused switch wired on the kitchen ring as it was only rated at 10a. Can a 20a double pole switch be fitted in its place?

Is that written in the MIs?
What is the total load of the appliance?
Have you heard of diversity (not the dance troupe)
Are you qualified?

new one's 16amps then the question is no ,any circuit above 3kw should be on its own circuit so do the calcs 16amps x 230volt = 3.7Kw

new one's 16amps then the question is no ,any circuit above 3kw should be on its own circuit so do the calcs 16amps x 230volt = 3.7Kw

I may be wrong nick but isn't the limit 2KW,as I said I may be wrong, can you let me know which reg you are referring to please mine's at work and I'm on the sick with a bad back, old age again.

A friend is installing a new cooker which has a rating of 16a. The old one was off a 13a fused switch wired on the kitchen ring as it was only rated at 10a. Can a 20a double pole switch be fitted in its place?
What does the manufacturers manual say about it??

I may be wrong nick but isn't the limit 2KW,as I said I may be wrong, can you let me know which reg you are referring to please mine's at work and I'm on the sick with a bad back, old age again.

Appx 15 (informative) connecting cookers, ovens, or hobs over 2kw on their own dedicated circuit is a general method of achieving compliance with 433.1.103 which states standard arrangements for ring finals and that no part of the circuit should cause the load to exceed that of the CCC of the cable for any long period of time.

what you on tonight, dongle? giz a drop.

Reply to 16a cooker switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net