Discuss 17th edition, Part P in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iggy112

Hi, is it possible to just pass the exams for the above so I am able to sign works off?

This reason is because I run a small building firm and the electricians aren't qualified to sign off their work but reckon somebody can just inspect and sign off with the right qualifications.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

On a non domestic installation (commercial and industrial) this is actually true. But for domestics not. You must either inform building controls or part of a domestic installer scheme. :)

Hi, is it possible to just pass the exams for the above so I am able to sign works off?

This reason is because I run a small building firm and the electricians aren't qualified to sign off their work but reckon somebody can just inspect and sign off with the right qualifications.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

If all you have passed is a 'part p exam' whatever that is, then you are not qualified for anything electrical.

If your 'electricians' are electricians, then they are qualified to sign off work.

Whether they are registered with a scheme provider is another mater.

Hi, is it possible to just pass the exams for the above so I am able to sign works off?​

This reason is because I run a small building firm and the electricians aren't qualified to sign off their work but reckon somebody can just inspect and sign off with the right qualifications.​

Any help much appreciated.​

Thanks​

If your customers for whom you are carrying out building work have applied for planning permission or building regulations then the Electrical work DOES NOT need notifying. This is because their fees include all sections of the building regulations applicable to the job. Therefore your electricians can test work and issue an Electrical Installation Certificate for the building inspector, you do not need to be a contractor registered with any of the part P scheme providers to do this. It doesnt matter whether it is domestic or not.

Cheers..........Howard

To repeat the advise.if your electricans are electricians,then they are qualified to sign off work

If you are enqiring about self certification for part p of the building regs,then there is a route available for you

The NICEIC. for some un-fathomable reason, has extended its system of using a qualified supervisor set up, for Domestic installers,where that QS signs off work that other employees have carried out

In your case,you could apply to them for registration,you being the Duty holder and one of your sparks the qualifying supervisor
As long as they are genuine sparks,they should already have qualifications sufficient to become that QS

This route (or method of by passing individual competence) is only available with the Niceic,the others Elecsa, Napit ,require individuals to be competent

To repeat the advise.if your electricans are electricians,then they are qualified to sign off work

If you are enqiring about self certification for part p of the building regs,then there is a route available for you

The NICEIC. for some un-fathomable reason, has extended its system of using a qualified supervisor set up, for Domestic installers,where that QS signs off work that other employees have carried out

In your case,you could apply to them for registration,you being the Duty holder and one of your sparks the qualifying supervisor
As long as they are genuine sparks,they should already have qualifications sufficient to become that QS

This route (or method of by passing individual competence) is only available with the Niceic,the others Elecsa, Napit ,require individuals to be competent

Thanks, that's the information I've been looking for, they are qualified electricians..I bit long in the tooth to want to take any more exams to be honest :)

I will look into this route.

PS just to clarify I don't want to take electricians work just sign off to save the firm and clients money

Reply to 17th edition, Part P in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net