Discuss 18 Days to come qualified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you think they teach you how to lift floor boards that have been polished and on full view or even lifting boards under carpet with a desk full of pc equipment on it.

joking aside, if you know how to do this, can you please tell me, I would love to know. Just started doing a bit in houses and to be able to cleanly lift boards without damaging them would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Do you think they teach you how to lift floor boards that have been polished and on full view or even lifting boards under carpet with a desk full of pc equipment on it.

joking aside, if you know how to do this, can you please tell me, I would love to know. Just started doing a bit in houses and to be able to cleanly lift boards without damaging them would be very helpful.

Thanks.

I have an old school nail remover, like a claw with a slide hammer on it. It is like a massive staple remover. Saves damaging the edges of floor boards with crowbars

If you don't want to damage the boards try nail punching the nails through cut the boards along middle of joist with multisaw cut tongue if there is one and bingo board lifts out.OR
Smash the f##k out of it, just make sure it's near heating pipes and blame the plumbers.

It'll just be like painting by numbers!
You can't possibly gain any in-depth knowledge in that amount of time.
painting by numbers....
i`v just put a quote in for a 5 bed house thats for the rental...
4 doubles in every bedroom
smokes n heats
emergency lighting
8 doubles in the kitchen
etc etc etc...
was told i was to much....lol..
go get the poles to do it then....
but you can bollocs if you thinks i`m coming round to note it....as i know that`l be the next tac....

I have an old school nail remover, like a claw with a slide hammer on it. It is like a massive staple remover. Saves damaging the edges of floor boards with crowbars

Nice one, can u post a picture of it. I have a 'gorilla' bar, but it's damaging the adjacent board as i lever against it. No problem at the moment as carpet going back down, but would be useful to know for the future if i come up against a 'show' floor.

Expensive too expensive . But a bloody good safe job. With quality materials..
Just priced one myself and yes they have haggled and got me down but not the labour price...

I recently snagged a new house wire, fully signed off already by a newly qualified electrician who was NIC Domestic Installer. He had been trading for 4 months or so. The new owners called me in as I had rewired their parents home some years ago. They were having numerous problems and the original sparks was AWOL. Here is a list of what I had to do.

Re-do the 3 way lighting to hall stairs and landing as the intermediate switch was incorrectly wired.
Replace badly wired recessed downlights as cables were scorched
Re-site the above as 3 were up against beams.
Rewire fan isolators as fans were on permanently
Fix compression faults in cooker and shower boxes as 6mm and 10mm cable squeezed into 25mm boxes.
Remove DG socket from above sink
Fit link cables between mains fire alarms. ( They were non radio linked ,individually powered from lighting roses.
Conductor identification throughout house ( there was none)
Heat alarm to kitchen (smoke fitted)
Extend smoke alarm system to intregal garage ( nothing there) to fit heat alarm
Mark up CU
Reconfigure CU ( was a mess)
Fit earth to water
Rewire central heating system ( S plan +) CH only working when HW enabled
Fit waterproof socket outside ( Metal DG socket fitted there)
Find and fix earth pulled from ring in Lounge

There were a few other things but you get the picture I guess

Qualifications mean nothing, experience is everything

painting by numbers....
i`v just put a quote in for a 5 bed house thats for the rental...
4 doubles in every bedroom
smokes n heats
emergency lighting
8 doubles in the kitchen
etc etc etc...
was told i was to much....lol..
go get the poles to do it then....
but you can bollocs if you thinks i`m coming round to note it....as i know that`l be the next tac....

how much were u then? and what did they think it would be?

Cause I priced two flats recently and was just over 5k for the best of stuff plus labour but after jam'n it out with brother we agreed on 3.5k the same as builder offered but its cheapest if cheap now hel be getting .. But can be done..

Nice one, can u post a picture of it. I have a 'gorilla' bar, but it's damaging the adjacent board as i lever against it. No problem at the moment as carpet going back down, but would be useful to know for the future if i come up against a 'show' floor.

Here ya go mate http://www.axminster.co.uk/faithfull-faithfull-nail-puller-prod909274/?src=froogle&gclid=cil49cfd-rccfwlhtaodej0aga

Reply to 18 Days to come qualified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net