• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss 18th Edition - Exam only in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I received my 18th edition books a few days ago and found only a few training providers that allow you to sit the exam only.
I contacted Oakley Services UK knowing that they had an 18th exam this evening but if they had a cancellation, could I sit the exam, surprisingly they said that they had space and could sit the exam tonight, but arrive before 4pm.
I worked until lunchtime came home spent 2 hrs going through 18th edition exam papers, arrived at the exam at 3:55pm, they were all ready for me having all ready registered me.
I sat the exam and passed with 61.67% and paid the £118 (with VAT) to sit the exam including the C&G certificate - To be sent in the next 2 wks.

If you live within 30 miles of Basingstoke, I would highly recommend Oakley Services UK for your 18th edition exam or training.

I need a centre in London exam only, if anyone can recommend.

I received my 18th edition books a few days ago and found only a few training providers that allow you to sit the exam only.
I contacted Oakley Services UK knowing that they had an 18th exam this evening but if they had a cancellation, could I sit the exam, surprisingly they said that they had space and could sit the exam tonight, but arrive before 4pm.
I worked until lunchtime came home spent 2 hrs going through 18th edition exam papers, arrived at the exam at 3:55pm, they were all ready for me having all ready registered me.
I sat the exam and passed with 61.67% and paid the £118 (with VAT) to sit the exam including the C&G certificate - To be sent in the next 2 wks.

If you live within 30 miles of Basingstoke, I would highly recommend Oakley Services UK for your 18th edition exam or training.
61.67%, they did tell you that you can use the book didn't they?

My local college dropped C&G for some logic Certification crowd.

The pass for the 18th was 75%, and the exam was as hard as frig.

I couldn’t understand loads of the questions at all.

Yet got 93.33% 11 months earlier on 17th AMD3 with C&G.

I’m doing an exam resit on 14/12/18.
9:30-11:30 Going to have to study the hell out of the BBB to get it or find a C&G place somewhere.

well I'm 72 next week so the IET can shove their new money spinner (18th) up their corporate arses.
Me too Tel. They can keep their poxy course, online or offline. I have decided that I am going to save myself the best part of a grand and opt out of all this nonsense. I am just going to carry on regardless and wing it (ohhh I can hear the tut tut's already). If, by some remote chance, I accidentally end up doing something notifiable and it becomes an issue, I'll just deal with it if and when. To be honest, I have never even opened my BYB so i'm damn sure I ain't buying a replacement to collect dust alongside it. Stuff em.

Reply to 18th Edition - Exam only in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back