Discuss 18th edition update in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well the last post in this thread was back in March this year, so I don't know why it's been commented on.

And no, of course there will no need to take another exam for an amendment!!

From what I have heard from the IET, because the amendment is so big (if you've downloaded the DPC you'll see that there are over 200 pages with alterations) a whole new book will need to be bought...

Happy days for all you people who are £60 worse off now, you'll soon be again!

Last edited:
From what I have heard from the IET, because the amendment is so big (if you've downloaded the DPC you'll see that there are over 200 pages with alterations) a whole new book will need to be bought...

Happy days for all you people who are £60 worse off now, you'll soon be again!

well i supose those poor people are lacking funds ,whey they didnt think about the ammendment in 2008 when 17th came in then there wouldnt need to be an ammendment and save us sparks some hard earned cash

I have just booked in for seventeenth in january after beging missus for cash and to the price to join one of the bodies plus the price of the testers!
this has to be a joke!
no one i speak to don't even now their is a 17th edition or part p!
i think i will cancel the lot i have paid enough hi ho silver and away!
you better all start complaining and protesting cause my prices are going to be cheaper than yours.

Major revisions are being proposed to the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations, including more detail on medical locations, measures against electromagnetic influence and devices for protection against overvoltage (surge protection). There will also be a name change from IEE Wiring Regulations to IET Wiring Regulations. There are also a number of minor ‘tweaks’ being considered.
At this stage, these are proposals and any changes won’t be published until June 2011, coming into force on 1st January 2012.
For more information about these revisions Electrical Times magazine have produced a comprehensive article including a video. This can found on their website.

Reply to 18th edition update in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net