Currently reading:
1A fuse in a 13A plug - what will happen?

Discuss 1A fuse in a 13A plug - what will happen? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Discharged

I'm trying to explain to my kid (8) why were have fuses in plugs, and he found a 1A glass fuse lying 'round and he asked me if we could put that into a 13A plug. I said 'no' it would blow if you plugged into the mains.

Then I wondered if that really would happen... So thought I'd better ask here for clarification.

What does happen if you put a too-lower rated a fuse into a plug? To my mind, what happens depends on the appliance being supplied - what current it draws.

Any idea on this, please?

Well spotted Lee
Lenny maybe try specsavers lol

Thread closed.

As alot of the posters in this thread no longer frequent the forum and given the age of the thread, I'll close it, if anyone want to discuss this thread further then they can open a new one for a fresh discussion.

Damn that GMES ...got me back for mocking him earlier lol ... you closed it same time as me but beat me to it tut tut!!!:furious3:

Last edited:

Reply to 1A fuse in a 13A plug - what will happen? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back