Search the forum,

Discuss 2 single pole switches to ceiling rose - college assignment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

that's a standard way of wiring. just 2 points. 1. it's not "live neutral", it's switched live. 2. i tend to use black for the common-common, but it's not set in stone, use whatever you like as long as it's consistent. don't forget to sleeve the black,grey,blue conductors with brown sleeve where appropriate.

I meant that my bad haha, just wasnt sure if i sat this in an exam their was a specific way it would need to be wired according to the regs bud

Get in touch with one of the mods so you can get access to the trainee section of the forum mate. You can ask anything in there without fear of ridicule, most of the mods don't bite but be careful which one you ask:)

i have applied buddy. is it not yet open? i have sent a thread, got a link? and ill do it again :)

Yeah it's been open for a good while now. If you look in the stickys on general forum you'll see a thread started by Sintra (I think) Trainees Wanted. Have a read of it, it's probably just because the mods are busy with real life stuff that you're not in there but if you can see thread titles down near the bottom of the forum list you'll be able to get in.

I'd love to get in there to help you as well M8, but as yet no access

No problem buddy:) just appreciate all the experience you guys have:D. I only ask because i have got to this in Micc tomorrow and iv never touched the stuff, My dads a spark and he said after 20 years of experience he still hates it now aha,especially glanding. Is it used that much industrially ?

But i relish the challenge!

MICC is sadly a dying art, when given the time to work it properly it's joy to step back when it's all done and say "I did that"
It's also vastly superior in terms of lifespan to any other cabling system that I can think of

2c+e to ceiling rose from board , single brown to switch 1 com, 2c+eBetween switch 1 and 2 and single brown from com of switch 2 too switched live at ceiling rose is how I do it.

Reply to 2 single pole switches to ceiling rose - college assignment in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back