Discuss 2 way lighting (dimmer) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rapidrich

hi i have a 2 way lighting circuit at the 1 switch it is perm live to com then a strapper from l1 to l1 of the other switch then then one from l2 to l2 and then com of the other switch goes to the light should in theory this work?

Sounds like conventional 2 way switching and should work fine, only concern is that if its wired in twin + e there may be some unused cores, normaly this type of wiring is only used in conduits and in a corridor.

Hope this helps

AJ

Sounds like conventional 2 way switching and should work fine, only concern is that if its wired in twin + e there may be some unused cores, normaly this type of wiring is only used in conduits and in a corridor.

Hope this helps

AJ
its made up of its made up of single live perm + switched plus a twin connectin th 2 switches

thats ok would one of the switches cause a prob being a dimmer switch because i wired that way but it would not work properly?

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as its a 2 way dimmer it would be fine jsut double check connections and remember the common on the dimmer is some times marked up as a wavy line?

Reply to 2 way lighting (dimmer) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Trying to wire this 3phase switch as single for a table saw, told I could do this from guy at Haymans, even told 2nd time which wires to...
Replies
Views
our dimmer switch stopped working after 7 years so went to replace it at the weekend. When I opened it up, the black wire was in the common slot...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
Hi, in my bedroom i had a 2 gang dimmer that powered 2 set of 3 spot lights and also had passthrough wires to other sockets. Im changing to just...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock