Discuss 2330 303 written paper in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hospital

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,has anyone recently taken the 2330 303 written exam,the fault finding and rectification one if so any pointers would be most welcome.

Thankyou,Peter.

Sorry, just about to take mine on tuesday, just revise go through your mock exams and any questions on the mock - post them on here - good luck :)

We just had ours on Wednesday. The stuff I can remember off the top of my head:
some questions on visual inspection faults you might find. Testing continuity on earthing conductor that might have been damaged by building work(Ze test).
Expected values of R1+R2 on ring final circuit and why these values might vary. Safe isolation procedure flowchart. A question on periodic reporting (who gets the cert and who decides on the next test). Fault finding and locating a short circuit with IR test. How to use the R2 test for bonding

If I can remember more I'll post it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone im doing my 303 for the second time tomorrow failed the first time by a few marks :( ....

So as you can imagine i have been revising hard, My tutor briefly went over some subjects to focus revision on they are as follows:

- Nominal Voltages
- Safe Isolation
- Logical Steps to FD
- Common Visual Faults + Wiring Faults
- Possible Reasons for Faults
- Working Environment Issues
- Precautions
- Dead Test Order
- IR Testing
- Ze
- Departures from 7671
- Certification
- Disposal of Waste Materials

Sorry its only brief but i hope it helps someone and good luck to all who are taking this exam :)

is there any one who can help on my 302 pratical exam on the the floorbroad and i have no idea at all and i will do nest week i think it gonna be how to test continuity circuit protective conductors and ring final circuit and installation resistance how is the easiest method which you can do?

is there any one who can help on my 302 pratical exam on the the floorbroad and i have no idea at all and i will do nest week i think it gonna be how to test continuity circuit protective conductors and ring final circuit and installation resistance how is the easiest method which you can do?

just fail yourself now! how do you expect to past a testing & inspecting exam, and your asking how to test for continuity! buy yourself a osg

practical is more in depth than just that, thers motor, shower, upstairs, downstairs lights, sub main box with socket and light fed from than, bonding, bothroom fan,
testing is all dead tests, safe isolation, pfc tests, earth fault loop impedance and rcd trip times,

more in depth than you think, a good test though

Just for people still taking the exam a few notes or Revision Reminders.

Polarity ? ( OSG Section 10 i believe )
Florescent Lights
How to dispose of Special Waste?
R1+R2 Test ? (Described )
3 Stages of Final Ring Circuit Continuity ( End to end, R1+RN & R1 + R2 )
Why is R1 + RN important ?
Full list of Test Procedures In correct Sequence.
TNS , TN-C-S, TT Earth Fault Loop Path
Safe Isolation

Most of these come up so good luck.

when working out the Zs ,say you have 0.28 as Ze, R1 +R2 values , say it was a ring circuit in 2.5/1.5mm and was 63 meters long . is this correct 19.51 x 63 / 1000 / 4 = 0.31 + 0.28 = 0.59 as Zs????

when working out the Zs ,say you have 0.28 as Ze, R1 +R2 values , say it was a ring circuit in 2.5/1.5mm and was 63 meters long . is this correct 19.51 x 63 / 1000 / 4 = 0.31 + 0.28 = 0.59 as Zs????

I assume you are doing (r1+r2)/4 end to end resistance values of the line and the CPC of the ring (as opposed to R1+R2 divided by 4) in which case I think it is correct, but I don't have my OSG with me at the mo.
But I believe measured Zs can have a lower value due to parallel paths

"the resistance between line and earth is measured at each socket. the readings obtained... will be substantially the same and the value will be approximately one-quarter of the resistance of the line plus cpc loop resistances, (i.e. (r1+r2)/4"
quote from pg82 OSG so I think you are right

Reply to 2330 303 written paper in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net