Discuss 2356 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
broke my collarbone 2 weeks ago and finally seems to be recovering. i signed up in november 2012 with xs training for my nvq and having been so busy i havent had a chance to get started so now seems the perfect opertunity. im sure i have covered most units but as im sure everyone else finds with work you just crack on so may have to stage some photos. does anyone have any pointers or advice.
fingers crossed i can smash the bulk of it out in the next 3 weeks im signed off for wish me luck
thanks steve

Ned to be careful mate if you are signed off sick, should you be attending a training course?? only saying

its an online nvq pete where i need to submit a portfolio of supporting evidence i subcontact to a couple of companies whilst working in a non electrical role which i was hoping would have led to some industrial work all employers are aware i'm currently enrolled in the course and as home based its a much more productive way to use my time than sitting watching tv. unfortunately i wont have full strength in right arm for about a month so manual work isnt an option

its an online nvq pete where i need to submit a portfolio of supporting evidence i subcontact to a couple of companies whilst working in a non electrical role which i was hoping would have led to some industrial work all employers are aware i'm currently enrolled in the course and as home based its a much more productive way to use my time than sitting watching tv. unfortunately i wont have full strength in right arm for about a month so manual work isnt an option

Oh right I was thinking more of an insurance issue, if you were signed off by the Doc and doing a course whilst you were signed off, I had a case like that when I was union rep and the chap injured himself on the course, clearly this isn't the case with your course, sorry if I stuck my nose in where it wasn't needed. Hope your collar bone gets better soon.

no problem pete with my 2nd job i asked about light duties but they said if I'm signed off i can't be on site due to insurance issues so know where your coming from. maybe i'm just too keen a bit of time off shouldn't be sniffed at just a shame about the money

assuming that you are a yoingish guy. take the time off to allow the injury to heal properly. a few weeks work now may seem great, but if the injury is exacerbated by diong too much, you may well have 40 years to regret it.

broke my collarbone 2 weeks ago and finally seems to be recovering. i signed up in november 2012 with xs training for my nvq and having been so busy i havent had a chance to get started so now seems the perfect opertunity. im sure i have covered most units but as im sure everyone else finds with work you just crack on so may have to stage some photos. does anyone have any pointers or advice.
fingers crossed i can smash the bulk of it out in the next 3 weeks im signed off for wish me luck
thanks steve

You may find this website helpful
Unit 301 - NVQ 2356.COM

Reply to 2356 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net