Discuss 2357 and signing off own work in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys,

can you help me out.

Im doing the 2357 course and what to know once i have fully complete the course will i be able to test, inspect and certificate my own work?

im getting so much condricting info from training providers i dont know were i am.

some are saying no you need the 2391, others the 2392 and other dont need anything as the 2357 covers me.

unless you are in scotland or ireland, you will need to join a part p competent persons scam.

I wouldnt say the 2392 is required as its a lower standard than the 2357....
2391 is a lot more in depth than the nvq but something to work towards I'd say.
You will need to join a scam as tel said.

It's a requirement (and has been for umpteen years, since well before the 2391 was even a twinkle in someone at the NICEIC's eye), for any electrical work to be inspected and tested before being placed into service.
We have the short form EIC specifically for when a single person designs, installs and tests the work.
The 2391 was designed for people who are currently carrying out I&T, whether it be initial verification, or periodic inspection.
It was not designed as an entry level qualification for I&T.
If your course does not teach you to be able to I&T your own work, then it's not much use as a qualification.

It's a requirement (and has been for umpteen years, since well before the 2391 was even a twinkle in someone at the NICEIC's eye), for any electrical work to be inspected and tested before being placed into service.
We have the short form EIC specifically for when a single person designs, installs and tests the work.
The 2391 was designed for people who are currently carrying out I&T, whether it be initial verification, or periodic inspection.
It was not designed as an entry level qualification for I&T.
If your course does not teach you to be able to I&T your own work, then it's not much use as a qualification.

hi,

yes my course does teach me how to insepct and test! but i was wondering weather i will be qualified to be able to do it.

what i mean is for example you can go on a £500 electrician course but that doesnt mean that person would be a qualified electrican.

Sorry think i worded a little wrong. Im asking will the 2357 allow me to be able to sign off and certificate my own work!

you will be able to certificate your own work if you are competent to do so. it's the notifiable work that gets you by the short and curlies. either pay LABC extortion or join elecsa for less painful daylight robbery.

yes mate
thats it pay a large amount and you can I&T and certificate your own socket in your house and anyone elses and your 2357 once completed will help prove competency aolng with the annual assessment of your chosen scheme PLI relevent books etc etc

the 2391-10 will give you a deeper understanding of Inspection and testing of new and existing installations
or soon to be the
2394 initial verification of new installations and 2395 Periodic inspections and testing of existing installations

Reply to 2357 and signing off own work in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net