Currently reading:
2391-10 Written Exam - 01/12/11

Discuss 2391-10 Written Exam - 01/12/11 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

On Q21 for new electrical installation work I put an Electrical Installation Certificate accompanied with a Schedule of Test Results and a Schedule of Inspections, for the Inspection I put a Periodic Inspection Report for an Electrical Installation, again accompanied with a Schedule of Test Results and a Schedule of Inspections. It carried 6 marks so hopefully thats a mark for each one....

Q1 I think was the list on page 17 of GN 3?

Q4 was something along the lines of why do we do an initial verification:-
1, Confirm installation/circuit complies with designer's intentions
2, Designed, Installed and Inspected & Tested to comply with BS7671
3, Not damaged so as to impair safety
Just seen it in some notes, not sure where it came from though as nothing in GN3.

Don't you have to add a x1.2 correction factor to the volt drop formula to allow for the rise in temp when the circuit is under load?

Good luck to everyboby, only a couple of months to wait.

Just sat this tonight. What does everyone that sat it tonight think of the paper?

I like others not too bad but questions 1 and 4 were confusing, I answered Q1 then when i got to Q4 thought isnt that the same as Q1. I answered for Q1 to ensure installation meets relevant stds, e.g bs7671, to ensure nothing in the installation is damaged and to ensure all equip is erected correctly.
for Q4 I answered to protect persons, livestock and property. My worry is that Ive got answers wrong way around.

Dont know, I put both lots of documentation down but making sure that i said for the initial verification you require a EIC, SOI AND SOR, then for the PIR you need PIR, SOI AND SOR, however the SOI is shared between both (it covers both)

Q1 I think was the list on page 17 of GN 3?

1, Confirm installation/circuit complies with designer's intentions
2, Designed, Installed and Inspected & Tested to comply with BS7671
3, Not damaged so as to impair safety
Just seen it in some notes, not sure where it came from though as nothing in GN3.

Don't you have to add a x1.2 correction factor to the volt drop formula to allow for the rise in temp when the circuit is under load?

Good luck to everyboby, only a couple of months to wait.

1. All installed equipment complies to relevent standards.
2. Everything has been selected and erected in accordance with BS7671
3. No visual damage to impair safety
GN3 p17

Thats what i put Banjo. Is it a 60% pass mark for the exam? Its a total of 90 marks for section B and about 60 marks for section A ?? So you have to get 60% of 150 marks?? Also 1M ohm minimum resistance for the surge socket is what i put.

I heard the pass mark floats at 60% to 70%, as they mark it so only a certain percentage pass i think. What didyou put for the question that asked the earth return parth on section A with TNCS, TNS & TT?

Reply to 2391-10 Written Exam - 01/12/11 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back