Discuss 2392 or 2391 what's the difference. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi i'm gonna finish 2330 L3 this month. i want to get into the testing side of things and do a 2391 testing course which i know is pretty difficult (60% failure rate).but i'd never heard of 2392 until this forum.what's the difference between 2391 and 2392? is one harder than the other? will the NICEIC look at you differently if you have one without the other.

2392 is a level 2 course which is not much more in depth then what you did in 2330, doesnt cover 3 phase, more aimed at people who have taken something like the EAL domestic installer course. 2391 however is level 3 and is actually worth the paper its printed on, covers three phase installations, carrying out PIRs etc etc full details will be on C&G website

2392 is also a newish qual developed for people wanting to test/inspect installations upto and inc 100A so is ideal for DIs although ive also seen 3Ph domestic installs ! its also ideal for people with very limited experiance in test/inspection and is a good course for these people and give them much better chance in passing the 2391 course after. It has to be said though it is the same price as the full 2391 !

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree chaps,i have limited experience in Inspection and Testing and i know how hard it is to pass the 2391-10.So i have enrolled on the 2392-10 and then that would be a good stepping stone to the 2391-10 which i hope to do sometime this year:D

I disagree chaps,i have limited experience in Inspection and Testing and i know how hard it is to pass the 2391-10.So i have enrolled on the 2392-10 and then that would be a good stepping stone to the 2391-10 which i hope to do sometime this year:D

Good on you Mac. You`ll approach the 2391 with much more confidence after that. On paper it might cost more, but as anyone who has failed the Periodic exam will tell you (& there are plenty) it`s not the costs involved for the resit, it`s the headscrew of not even being sure where you went wrong that costs you. C & G`s give nothing away for the 2391 - no explanations or pointers - just P or F - & that`s it.

Regards, Al

If you think back to your 2330 you start with your level 2 and the your level 3

2392 is your level 2
2391 is your level 3

As with your 2330 level 2 the 2392 is easier than the 2391 and should give you an good foundation for your 2391 (this the course considers that you understand how to test and inspect)

2391 hard exam and needs you, not only to understand testing etc you also need to use the correct terminology

Reply to 2392 or 2391 what's the difference. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net