Discuss 2395 exam succes guide, is it out? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

James Boyle

alright, new to the forum was hoping someone could help.

im on the 2395 course just now which has replaced the 2391 inspection & testing.

got the updated 17th Regs book and Guidance Note 3 but im looking for an exam success book to go with it. our lecturer seems to think an exam success book has been released for the new 2395 course but i cant find it online or on the City & Guilds website.

does anyone know where i can find it?

ive found the 2391 exam success book online and was going to buy that as im sure it will be relatively similar but i'd rather the newest one.

any help much appreciated!

alright, new to the forum was hoping someone could help.

im on the 2395 course just now which has replaced the 2391 inspection & testing.

got the updated 17th Regs book and Guidance Note 3 but im looking for an exam success book to go with it. our lecturer seems to think an exam success book has been released for the new 2395 course but i cant find it online or on the City & Guilds website.

does anyone know where i can find it?

ive found the 2391 exam success book online and was going to buy that as im sure it will be relatively similar but i'd rather the newest one.

any help much appreciated!

don,t buy 2391 book exam is a lot harder and you may get lost in it not heard of an exam book someone else may have

and welcome to the forum

oh right thanks for the advice, would like to have some idea of the exam though which wont be easy if the 2395 exam success guide isn't out yet but here is hoping i find it somewhere.

don,t buy 2391 book exam is a lot harder and you may get lost in it not heard of an exam book someone else may have

and welcome to the forum

Surely reading a book that was geared round a more difficult exam is more benficial as you learn more, unless of course you only want to learn the bare minimum?

There will be a awful lot of useful information in the 2391 book and some more. Also will prepare you whe you go to do the 2394 too.

Surely reading a book that was geared round a more difficult exam is more benficial as you learn more, unless of course you only want to learn the bare minimum?

There will be a awful lot of useful information in the 2391 book and some more. Also will prepare you whe you go to do the 2394 too.

thoughy this myself, references in the guide may well not match with the updated regs and instead match with the red book, which is the only drawback maybe. not sure how much changes between the red & green books though

They have released all the guidance notes to be inline with the current regulations so there will not be any conflicting information in them.

Hi all.

Whats the difference between the 2391 and 2395.

I failed my 2391 last year. Struggled to be honest. I was thinking of going back in for it soon. What test will I be doing and what's the difference.

Paul.

2394 and 2395 now replace the 2391. The last sitting for 2391 (assuming you have the practicals completed) is supposed to be March '13, thought the "last exam date" has been extended several times.

Regards

Whats the difference between the 2391 and 2395.

The 2394 is focused on initial verification and certification, while the 2395 is focused on inspection, testing & certification of existing installations. The 2391 covered both.

So the questions in each of the exams (2394, 2395) are now directed towards whether it is a new or existing installation. There is a lot of overlap, and in fact the multiple guess exam is common to both (you only need do it the once), while the written and practical exams obviously have the different emphasis. Obviously there is a lot of commonality with things like test methods.

Since there is a much more 2391 material about, it is very useful to look at that e.g. for revision, but bear in mind the questions will have the different emphasis - so I would say you really need to do a past paper of the relevant exam, if you can get hold of one (they might be obtainable by now, don't know).

It really is worth downloading the award qualification 'handbook' for each of the 2394 and 2395 from the C&G web site (PDF files, each 20-odd pages long), and going through what each covers, and making sure you know how to answer likely questions about the topics. Exam questions will come up asking precisely about things in these handbooks.

and welcome to the forum

Do buy the 2391 exam success book, all of the info in it is relevant to both 2394 and 2395 courses. It isnt so much aimed at giving you the info to pass the exam, it is more about how to structure your answers to save you time, and how to avoid making glaring mistakes and so on. The majority of failures are because people dont answer the questions fully or properly, use incorrect terminology and so on. This book will give you the heads up on how to avoid the pitfalls, and if like me you are not the best artist in the world, it definitely helps with diagrams and sketches.

The important thing to remember with these exams, is that the examiner will mark you on what you write, not what he thinks you mean.

Cheers........Howard

Reply to 2395 exam succes guide, is it out? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net