Discuss 24v relay circuit - elp! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

I thought initially that wade was not listening to any advice from us, but in his defence (not that the bloke can't defend himself) if you read post 55 he is now getting a colleague to do all the risk assessments and he will just be helping his colleague out and learning from him.

Thanks Spoon I appreciate the clarification, and your right, i am perfectly capable of defending myself should i have any need to defend myself which in this case, entirely not.

I made a facetious comment because having sat there and accused me of ignoring advice and not taking on board what had been said, clearly you failed to understand any of the earlier discussion whereby i had clearly pointed out i will not be doing the work and merely assisting yet you continued to suggest i was just blundering on regardless.

Silva, i don't understand why the impression has been given that i have been ungrateful in any advice received, its quite the contrary. I am never and have never been ungrateful when receiving advice whether it be criticism or suggestion, and i certainly havent in this thread. Nor have i disregarded anyone's suggestions. I clearly made point of saying how i understand my limitations and will be backing away from this job.

I don't understand, or appreciate, the hostility just because some of you feel you are being ignored. Read it all back. No where have i made any comment that would implicate me to not appreciate or take on board any advice.

Anyway, the circuit is now explained to me, i understand how it works, how to wire it, and most important the reasons behind why certain steps need to be taken and where.

Thank you all again for the input, i don't want to leave this thread with bad tastes in people's mouths at all. I can only apologise if i have offended anyone or people feel i have been ungrateful. I trust you it is quite the polar opposite.

Ben

Silva, i don't understand why the impression has been given that i have been ungrateful in any advice received, its quite the contrary. I am never and have never been ungrateful when receiving advice whether it be criticism or suggestion, and i certainly havent in this thread. Nor have i disregarded anyone's suggestions. I clearly made point of saying how i understand my limitations and will be backing away from this job.

I don't understand, or appreciate, the hostility just because some of you feel you are being ignored. Read it all back. No where have i made any comment that would implicate me to not appreciate or take on board any advice.

I never stated (nor did I intend to imply) that you were ungrateful. I merely pointed at that people, whom may usually charge for H&S advice, have offered it for nowt in an attempt to help. These people can only envisage what you have in front of you from your posts. These guys can not see your machine but are trying to open your mind to the traps of machinery safety. You will notice that 'consultants' on here will always point you in the right direction of legislation and law but will not spoonfeed you with all details. Solicitors do the same then charge you for the follow-up knowledge. Other guys will be offering their "real world" examples from their day-to-day work in the same vein as yourself, as controls/maintenance guys, in empathy of the situation you are in. We've all made mistakes. Perhaps big ones. This all leads to experience, which is to understand when you've made the same c0ck-up twice.

Hostility... or genuine concern in helping you. Nobody wants you to fail. Nobody wants you to get hurt. Everybody wants you to keep all fingers intact to continue your valued input and wacky ideas.

This site is all about offering a certain type of help... and not a noose or stoning.

So chin up. Bring on your next project so we can batter you on a new topic. :p

Reply to 24v relay circuit - elp! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net