Discuss 25A rcbo from Fusebox😀 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So I have just swapped over to using fusebox as my go to brand for CUs and I noticed they stock a 25A RCBO…mmmmmm

do any of you use these a great deal?

a slightly more generous 2.5mm radial(conditions allowing of course) than the standard 20A

or a 4mm radial under various derating conditions

does this threaten the 32A ring circuit?

why do I feel a little uncomfortable installing a 25A 2.5mm radial for say, a small kitchen, even if the conditions allow in theory, but is that just because I’m used to the 32a ring circuit

an interesting option to say the least

I mostly install Fusebox, and do keep one of the B25 RCBOs in my spares stock - I think I've used no more than a couple in some 100+ installs over the last couple of years.

Possibly for a radial where 20A is not quite sufficient and the installation method allows it, or possibly to comply with a max Zs such as a large RFC where there is little load but lots of cable. But only on existing circuits, I'm not designing new circuits with a B25 in mind.

Reply to 25A rcbo from Fusebox😀 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Has anyone had any issues with AFDDs, namely from the fusebox brand, thanks in advance 👍. Socket 20A radial tripped out last night and would not...
Replies
Views
Hi all Now being upfront I am not a sparks. I am about to have some work done by a friend (certified) and as he is doing me a favour I want to as...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
My local wholesalers have only recently stocked fusebox, so not had a chance to try them out with lockdown and whatever. I fitted a garage board...
Replies
Views
So a customer had a nuisance trip and I spent 4 hours trying to find the fault (first hour identifying circuits as none labelled at board). There...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock