Discuss 2d lighting ballast in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

2-pin lamps use a conventional magnetic ballast (not a transformer) - they have an internal starter

4-pin lamps use either electronic ballast (the starting is electronically controlled by the ballast), or magnetic ballast with external starter.

And yes, that one is suitable for the 38W lamp. Just remember you need the 4-pin lamp and lampholder.

Simon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of buying the fittings which are quite expensive. Im gona build my own. Just the guts as i dont need the enclosure, just something to mount it on. Its gona be hidden. I need a bright light thats why i thought of having 38w 2d as its bright and compact as well

Reply to 2d lighting ballast in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello gents I'm just after some clarification, I have a kitchen light fitting that uses a 2D 28W compact fluoresent lamp that I'd like to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a fairly simple question like in the title of the post. How to connect Two 9 watt UV lamps to a ballast probably electronic. I...
Replies
Views
I have a question for you all, We recently moved, and the old house had the analog meter on it, the new place has 3 structures on the property.. a...
Replies
Views
The lights in my game room started not working recently so i took the cover off to replace the bulbs. Replaced them and realized its actually the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to design an emergency prototype opensource air purification unit for use in hospitals. I bought 4 Osram G23 HNS S 9 Watt Puritec...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock