Search the forum,

Discuss 4 sq mm Radial - Never again! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

wanna watch your Zs n all with 4mm....only a 1.5mm CPC in it.....so you have a 32A radial which for MCBs to BS60898 will be 1.16 ohms.....not much especially on longer runs....

All power accessories these days allow a max of 10mm!! Around 5 or 6 years ago it was 12mm!! Makes a hell of a difference when your wiring in 4mm cables!! lol!!

So 4 + 4 + 4 = 10 now! Hmm.

At this point should I also make a rude comment about lighting accessories which won't take 3 x 1.5mm!
Thank goodness the 4mm supp. bonding wire has all but disappeared from the scene! When I did my BS7671 course 10 years ago, I did suggest removing some strands off the 4mm wire to make it fit in the earth terminal as it's only required to be 2.5mm inside the accessory (mechanically protected)! I can't print the lecturer's reply! :90:

Cheers

So 4 + 4 + 4 = 10 now! Hmm.

At this point should I also make a rude comment about lighting accessories which won't take 3 x 1.5mm!
Thank goodness the 4mm supp. bonding wire has all but disappeared from the scene! When I did my BS7671 course 10 years ago, I did suggest removing some strands off the 4mm wire to make it fit in the earth terminal as it's only required to be 2.5mm inside the accessory (mechanically protected)! I can't print the lecturer's reply! :90:

Cheers

Did i say that?? .....Nope, What i said WAS, that previously accessories COULD take 3 X 4mm, being 12mm, but they WON'T now!! Is that plain enough?? lol!!!

Did i say that?? .....Nope, What i said WAS, that previously accessories COULD take 3 X 4mm, being 12mm, but they WON'T now!! Is that plain enough?? lol!!!

Understood the first time!:rolleyes4: Whose clever idea was it to reduce the size?

I'm off to bed! Another busy day tomorrow, full of fun, no doubt! Nite

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 4 sq mm Radial - Never again! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock