Discuss 4 x 50 watt LED Flood Lights on 3 PIR's in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm planning to install 4 50 watt LED flood lights and three PIR's the idea is to link the switched output of the PIRs so if one is activated all of the lights come on. I also plan to link the switched output to a wall switch so that the customer can turn them all on manually.

It is possible that just one PIR is activated so all of the current will be running through the one PIR. I have read somewhere that LED floods have a high start up current.

If I use PIR's rated at 1000 watt incandescent and 500 watt fluorescent will that be ok ?

Thanks

should be fine. you could always parallel the PIRs to a 4 pole contactor and use 1 pole for each light.

Probably will need a contactor for example the Time guard SLB2300 Stand alone PIR can handle 2300W incandescent, 500W fluorescent/low energy or 140W LED.

You may be able to find a PIR with a higher maximum LED load rating or swap the 50W floods for 30W if the design permits or install a contactor.

tgpir.PNG

Reply to 4 x 50 watt LED Flood Lights on 3 PIR's in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Hi all, after a bit of advise if ok please. We have a switch which currently only powers one single LED down light in our ceiling. From this...
Replies
Views
In my apartment block, our hallway has a mix of LED bulkhead lights (all same brand, 5 of them) some incandescent ones (x4). They are on a circuit...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock