Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss 63A 3-phase electrics possible through 6mm cable ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not enough info !
cable length
cable type
reference method etc etc

Initially I would say no

Last edited:
Not enough info !
cable length
cable type
reference method etc etc

Initially I would say no

Hi, thanks for all the responses.

cable length is about 25m, and its 4 wired. Supply to distribution board is from an adjacent meter. Reference method is PVC cables in non-metallic conduit. Type of wiring is XLPE/SWA cables.

Its for a combi oven requiring 3 x 63A and a 3 NAC 400v mains connection (connected load 37 kW).

thanks.

hi i have 25m of 6mm 4-wired cable at the moment; supply to distribution board from an adjacent meter.
i require 3x63A and a 3 NAC 400V connection for a combi oven.

What would you recommend please..
thanks.

16mm SWA is closer to the required size. have you not looked up cable ratings before posting such a silly question?

I dont mean to be rude but the terminology you have used makes me feel your not a spark 400 volts is a different kettle of fish,to the standard 230 , Tel's right in the cable sizing 63 amp 3 phase thats one hell of an oven or is that the total loading or is it 21 amps per phase therefore a 6mm 4 core would be sufficient plus the earth of course and also taking into account the grouping factors and installation methods

You say in your profile your a trainee, use your copy of the BS7671 you should have and relate you cable size to the tables then apply any derating factors you require for length, install method etc etc ....

As others have said you lack of understanding of even the basics meansyou should not be doing this unsupervised and in this situation you should be asking your competent supervisor how to do this, for this reason im out!... I don't think you are yet competent enough to do this work.... you may miss some important info that would change our answers so likewise ill also say get a competent person to do the job or help you.

Yes we need to know if the 63amp is total or each phase hence my 1st reply

Reply to 63A 3-phase electrics possible through 6mm cable ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net