Discuss 9kw cooker using 6mm t+e in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

mcm

-
Reaction score
what would people say on a 9kw cooker using 6mm t+e 6 meter run in total.

a 32amp rcbo how much would it take before it started to trip.

using diversity for a cooker it's 10A + 30% of the remaining 39A, i.e. 12A. total load for calc.cable size is therefore 22A. add 5A if there is socket outlet on cooker point. 6mm is fine. you could uprate RCBO to 40A but 32A should be fine.

Last edited:
you'll find that its the total load , when every thing is on the one thing is the grill built into the oven , if the ovens on your not going to use the grill and if the grills on your not going to use the oven , and as telextric has said add diversity and youll be fine even on a 32 amp MCB

what would people say on a 9kw cooker using 6mm t+e 6 meter run in total.

a 32amp rcbo how much would it take before it started to trip.

Agree with all above comments but just to answer your question - 36A for an hour should not trip it ( x1.13)
and 46A for an hour should cause it to trip (x 1.45) :)

Don't see a problem, the cooker will only draw its maximum load for a very short time, once the elements etc are up to temp the current draw will drop off. I have one of those smart meters fitted, and even with the oven on doing the sunday dinner for hours on end it only tops 1Kw every now and again when it kicks in to keep the temp up.

Reply to 9kw cooker using 6mm t+e in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have had my kitchen rewired and plastered. I have had a 6mm t+e on a dedicated 32a circuit for a 60cm electric cooker. In hindsight, had i known...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just been scratching my head about this one and wonder if I've missed anything. A few weeks ago I installed a new circuit for a 3kw oven and...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock