Discuss 9x Sanyo panels + Fronius invertoer + PVSOL ?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well ive bought PVsol expert , now all i need is another £600+ to go on the bloody course to try and use it.

Basically im trying to quote for my first install

im playing with pvsol and can only get 9 x Sanyo HIT-N235SE10 panels on this woman's roof, i also noticed that Segen are saying Fronius inverters now come with a 20yrs warrentee which she loved, trouble is pvsol says i cant get a Fronius inverter for that configuration.

SMa comes out with about 6 options

sunnyboy 2100TL 1.95KW
Sunnyboy 2000HF 2KW

so my question is there a way i can get a Fronius invertoer up. or do i stick with SMA

thanks Grand

Unfortunately, you can not go with Fronius inverter due to the Voc. I do not think you need to spend £600 for courses. It's easy to use it. firstly, select the location of the installation, then the PV panels (based on number or dimensions of the roof) and then you can choose one of the appropriate inverter from the list. In the UK, the inverter should have lower nominal power than your system (80%-100%) in order to operate at its maximum power point as much as possible.

Just to mention again that the selection of the inverter is based enough on the location where the installation takes place. You can go with sunnyboy or other manufacturers that provide efficient, reliable and a little bit cheaper inverters with possible warranty up to 25 years such as the Swiss manufacturer SolarMax.

It's hoped that this helps you.

SpitfireWholesale

I think the 20 warranty on Fronius Inverters is only valid for the next month or so and based on buying an extended warranty to 10 years then Fronius will extend it to 20 years.

you mean the inverter is chosen on your location, why des this make a difference??, also SolarMax isnt on my inverter selection in PVSOL, its drawing the roof in 3d im finding a Problem i cant seem to adjust the roof its the worst drawing software in history, but i know once im shown ill get the hang of it

Attachments

• Mrs Greens Roof.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Mrs Green Birds eye.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 18
Thanks BiggsSolar. SolarMax inverters are manufactured by Sputnik Engineering. So, go to Sputnik in your inverter list and you will find them.

The selection of inverter is chosen based on the location. In the UK, we should derate our inverters in terms of the array rating in order to have the maximum power point of the inverter. The irradiation is low enough in this country and you will never get the nominal power of the system. The low effiecency of the inverter can result in the total system efficiency.

On PVSOL, the sizing factor is changing as you go norther in England. Usually, it's about 80-110%, but for places such as North-East or Scotland, the sizing factor becomes 90-120% or more.

I hope this answers your question.

Reply to 9x Sanyo panels + Fronius invertoer + PVSOL ?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net